GC in 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put 800 miles on a new Silverado with the 6.0 engine so it was time to dump the factory fill. After reading all the pros and cons on new engine break-in I decided to go to GC with the first oil change. I picked up 12 qts at my local AZ, they seem to still have plenty, and made the change. There was a definite change in the sound of the engine under the hood. It was like throwing a blanket over the motor. I will be searching the AZ to build up my stash. I hope they continue to make this stuff.

Quote:

I picked up 12 qts at my local AZ, they seem to still have plenty, and made the change.

12 Qt sump capacity ???
shocked.gif

Wow .... must be the easiest way to get killer UOAs
grin.gif

I have the chev 5.3L v8 and am at 8% on my OLM. This engine has a similar architecture to your 6.0. Watch for a chev 5.3L v8 UOA from me on GC gold in the next few weeks.

Jim, I will watch for your post. Since this is a new motor I plan on running 3k-4k and change again, then run 6 month OCI. After that I will do a UOA.

Max, I don`t know about a 12 quart sump but I wish it had a bigger filter. The stock one is a tea cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back