GC in 2000 Honda Accord EX 3.0L V6 SOHC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've a 2000 Honda Accord EX 3.0L V6 w/55,000 MI's.
Owners Manuel calls for 5W-30. Anyone have any experience with GC in a Honda 3.0L V6?

If this is to "thick" of an oil, would you go with an Amsoil 0W-30 or Mobil-1 EP 5W-30, 0W-20?

Among these and other oil options, cost not being a factor, what's the "best" oil for this engine?

IMO, it's too thick. Honda's do well with 20wt/light 30wt oils based on UOA's and engine feel.

I have run a couple intervals with GC in my '02 model year with the same engine. I have both UOAs posted here at BITOG. The city driving made my UOAs look relatively rough. I don't believe the GC is necessarily too viscous for a Honda. However, you can do very well with other less viscous oils as well.

Castrol's UK website suggests "Edge" 0W-30 for your application. I wonder if that is the same oil as US market GC? I've run GC for one change in my Acura TSX with the smaller 2.4l 4 cylinder motor. It didn't deliver any noticeable difference in fuel economy or performance compared to Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30. The car is too new for a UOA to be interesting, so I haven't done any.

Quote:

The car is too new for a UOA to be interesting, so I haven't done any.

offtopic.gif
UOAs are always interesting even if b/c they are sometimes boring.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back