GC 0w-30, 2008 Infiniti G35 VQ35HR, 8100 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a direct injection engine? GC sheared 14%. Lead is very high. This engine should be well beyond break in I would think.

If this is a DI engine, is it known for fuel dilution? Remember that Blackstone's "measure" of fuel dilution is just extrapolated from flashpoint. And as Tom NJ has told us many times, flashpoint is an extremely variable measurement (he's done thousands of them). You could see a large swing in the flashpoint number. So I would put little weight in the BlackSt fuel measurement. We might consider a Dyson measurement of fuel differently.

Running 90% highway, I would expect much better results than this, although I haven't studied this engine's UOAs much. The 2.0 FSI UOAs that are mostly highway look way, way better than normal use UOAs. Different engine of course and not even worth considering those results if the OP's engine is not DI. I would run an oil that deals better with fuel dilution and reduce the OCI.

What oils do you believe would deal better with fuel dilution, other than the already mentioned Rotella T6, etc.?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FCobra94
Yes, this is a DI engine and I believe is fairly well known for fuel dilution.

What oils do you believe would deal better with fuel dilution, other than the already mentioned Rotella T6, etc.?

No, this engine is port-injected. None of the Nissan V6 engines are DI.

The VQ does not have a history of fuel dilution. I have never heard of that one before.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
No, this engine is port-injected. None of the Nissan V6 engines are DI.

The VQ does not have a history of fuel dilution. I have never heard of that one before.

Oops, you are correct...I believe it has direct IGNITION, but not direct injection.

As far as fuel dilution is concerned, I'm just reiterating what I've read in 350z UOA threads, etc.

Wow that really beat up a good oil. And we can't blame it on DI (ignore my post above re DI since it's not DI). It would be interesting to see more UOAs of this engine. Do the other UOAs with similar OCI show high lead? I noticed blackstone's average for lead is quite a bit lower than this UOA.

Troubling.

Being the owner of a 2007 G35x, I'm now wondering what oil I should be using, and if I now need to reduce my OCI's? 70/30 city vs highway driving, for me. I have been using GC @ 7500 mile OCI's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back