Gasoline Powered Golf Carts

I shot a round at the Fairmont Riverside golf course down the road from me and was surprised to see they still has gasoline powered golf carts. Turns out they were Yamahas with electronic fuel injection and independent rear suspension. They looked brand new but the model has been around for 5 years. Here is the link Yamahagolfcar.com .I imagine there is a lot of pressure to drop gas powered carts. Yamaha advertises that they are almost as quiet as electric carts, but I found that the noise was low frequency quiet as apposed to the high frequency whine of the electrics. One thing I noticed were the gas fumes when taking it along a turn-around. Here is a shot of the side panel and also a shot of one of the several T-offs across the mighty Columbia River. Impress your buddies... this course was so tough we had to tee off across the Columbia River. Enjoy.

Attachments

• F3CEA525-019E-4660-8175-195781E600AA.jpeg
    F3CEA525-019E-4660-8175-195781E600AA.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 13305765-4F14-44BF-80C0-21B0D719E46C.jpeg
    13305765-4F14-44BF-80C0-21B0D719E46C.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 39
I'm told that the electric carts need to be charged inside a building. If the course doesn't have or doesn't want to build a barn, they use gas carts.

You won’t be able to buy these in California in 2024 now that the bill was signed. The bill covered gasoline powered golf carts as well as OPE. Given how well electric carts work, this is probably the beginning of the end for the gas carts.

You won’t be able to buy these in California in 2024 now that the bill was signed. The bill covered gasoline powered golf carts as well as OPE. Given how well electric carts work, this is probably the beginning of the end for the gas carts.
In my parents retirement community they love their electric carts⚡🔋

We have a 48V electric Yamaha with upgraded motor and controller for airport use. 29MPH top speed, but no torque. 8V batteries that don't last many years are expensive and go dead quickly. And, therein lies the problem with electric carts. The vast majority use low energy density batteries, leading to operational difficulties. I can't tell you how many times this thing has left me stranded. $800-$1000 worth of batteries every 3 years is just stupid.

I shot a round at the Fairmont Riverside golf course down the road from me and was surprised to see they still has gasoline powered golf carts. Turns out they were Yamahas with electronic fuel injection and independent rear suspension. They looked brand new but the model has been around for 5 years. Here is the link Yamahagolfcar.com .I imagine there is a lot of pressure to drop gas powered carts. Yamaha advertises that they are almost as quiet as electric carts, but I found that the noise was low frequency quiet as apposed to the high frequency whine of the electrics. One thing I noticed were the gas fumes when taking it along a turn-around. Here is a shot of the side panel and also a shot of one of the several T-offs across the mighty Columbia River. Impress your buddies... this course was so tough we had to tee off across the Columbia River. Enjoy.
Yeah, gas carts are kind of a thing of the past. If I go to a course and it has gas carts, I immediately think less of it. For me, a gas cart just cant match an electric one.

Back