Gas Bandit Blocker

Years ago when gas prices went up everyone around starting buying locking gas caps. And then they started buying gas tanks. The gas thieves began drilling holes in plastic gas tanks when they ran into too many locking gas caps.

The spring thing was a staple of the JC Whitney catalog. The picture had a gas thief smoking a cigar while siphoning the gas.

• Haha
Reactions: GON
The spring thing was a staple of the JC Whitney catalog. The picture had a gas thief smoking a cigar while siphoning the gas.
Kind of of like the plumber fixing a clogged toilet with one hand....... eating a sandwich with his other.... known as a sign of a very good plumber..

My Blazer is old and it has a siphoning valve. I imagine your van does as well. I’d look into that.

It isn’t entirely impossible, but I can’t see it being worth ones time to steal gas. A 6 mpg hit (assuming 22 mpg or so) is around 1/3 of a full tank of gas each time assuming a 20 gallon tank. That’s over 5 gallons.

Have you ever gotten into your car and thought you had a full tank but was below 3/4?

Back