Gas Bandit Blocker

I have an older Dodge Caravan and live in the country. My gas mileage dropped off to 6 MPG and I suspected the local kids were siphoning my gas. The Gas Bandit Blocker is a tapered coil spring. Using a long screwdriver, you thread the spring into the fuel filler till it disappears. The spring blocks the siphon hose. Install took one minute. My gas mileage is back to 15-18 MPG. Buy online 2 for 10 bucks.

Not sure if I can post the website here. This is just an FYI for a USA made product that seems to work well.

I have an older Dodge Caravan and live in the country. My gas mileage dropped off to 6 MPG and I suspected the local kids were siphoning my gas. The Gas Bandit Blocker is a tapered coil spring. Using a long screwdriver, you thread the spring into the fuel filler till it disappears. The spring blocks the siphon hose. Install took one minute. My gas mileage is back to 15-18 MPG. Buy online 2 for 10 bucks.

Not sure if I can post the website here. This is just an FYI for a USA made product that seems to work well.
Maybe set up a i.r. trail cam and send the images to the local constabulary?

You guys with shotguns have been watching too many old westerns :)

But Gramps here wouldn't refuse a gift of a Remington 870

Maybe set up a i.r. trail cam and send the images to the local constabulary?

You guys with shotguns have been watching too many old westerns :)

But Gramps here wouldn't refuse a gift of a Remington 870

Some local police departments like mine will not respond to these kinds of calls.

You might also consider a locking gas cap. Once the juvenile thieves realize they've been thwarted, they'll bring a container of water back to your van and funnel it into your gas tank.

The first time we rented a Ford Taurus back in the 90s, we were very surprised that there is no internal release of the gas lid. Seriously, if they couldn't even spend the money to wire a release from inside, how much corner cutting do you think you will find elsewhere?

How does the coiled spring prevent the addition of sugar or sand or old Dot 5 brake fluid to your fuel tank? Is it like built in there?

He suspects local kids are siphoning the gas. There's been no confirmation. This thread is taking huge leaps.

How does the coiled spring prevent the addition of sugar or sand or old Dot 5 brake fluid to your fuel tank? Is it like built in there?
The spring does not prevent the addition of any solid or liquid. It just stops the siphon hose. I thought about a locking gas cap but they freeze up in winter.

Back