Gas additive for lawn equipment

Any opinions on Amsoil has stabilizer or Quickshot? Any one use either or both. I’ve switched from Stabil to Starton and it seems to work well.

seafoam! it works. recently I got my j deere lawn tractor out of 2 year storage and the gas had gone stale-would hardly run . really needed tractor for a big overgrown lawn and added seafoam and it ran like a champ. amazing stuff. later drained old gas and it also had water. it still ran thanks to seafoam

E0 in all my small engines. Seafoam splash occasionally in them providing fuel system is relatively clean.
Got a older SeaDoo and Seafoamed it but system was too dirty, green algae in it, and the Seafoam loosened it up and the green gunk plugged the tiny filters in the inlets of the Mikuni carbs on it. PITA to pull the carbs on it to remove and clean them. That's why I caution on using it in some dirty fuel systems. That stuff really works.
Always use a fuel stabilizer in my gas cans, I use a marine one and buy it buy the big jug as I've got a lot of small engines to maintain and go by the ounce of prevention rule as when I need it to start and run I don't want any issues like chain saws that may sit for a long time but when that tree falls down it has to be go time.

Last edited:
Canadian Tire premium (no alcohol) and Sta-bil.
I run a bit of pre-mix fuel in my four-cycle engines before storage to help coat things, then drain the tank and run the carb dry. I haven't needed any other additives in my small engines, but have used Seafoam to "fix" rough running engines I've accumulated or for others with some success.

I use non ethanol gas and stabil.

In winter, I have a heated 40x40 shop so I do fire up my equipment periodically.

Back