Garden Hose

These are nice Hoses for certain situations.
I have a Spigot in my garage and use a Flex Type Hose there.
Makes hosing things off in front of garage very handy.
I believe on the packaging it says to, "keep out of the sun".
It does. But as a BITOG member I always rotate my hoses from the front to the back and from the sunny side of the house to the shady side. My wife says I’m crazy. I don’t think I am. Am I?😳

Legit rubber hose with brass fittings. I bought some really nice ones at orscheln farms a couple years ago. I think Ace has them too.

There’s some synthetic rubber feeling hoses that Walmart sells. Says they are rubber. I dont know. The connectors are aluminum colored to look like brass. Bought them in a pinch when I couldn’t find the nicer ones. Reminds me of an old co worker trying to drain his machine at work. Walking down the floor trying to remove the kinks every 2’. “This (Starts with 6th letter in the alphabet)-ing (donkey) hose! They bought the cheapest hose they could find! I think it to myself every time.

Craftsman gets my vote too. I'm not sure what they are like today with the recent upsetting of Sears/K-Mart/Ace/Lowes or whoever owns them now... but back in the late 90s/early 2000s a friend owned a garage and he abused his craftsman hoses and another friend who used garden hoses daily recommended them to me when I bought my house 16 years ago. I bought two 50' ers and screwed them together. Those hoses have been outside for 16 years.
The hose is always laying on the ground in the elements. 1/2 shade 1/2 sun, 24/7, 365. I have a very slight slope to my yard, so in the winter it is stretched out laying on the ground/sidewalk, the length of my property, to drain it, so it is empty, so no ice plugs it up and it is ready for a fire. The rest of the year it just lays wherever I last used it, on the ground or sidewalk. The hose is not babied at all. Its all the time getting snagged on shrubs, planters etc. I just tug and pull it around obstacles. It has seen moderate abuse to say the least.
Anyway, if I told someone the hose was 6 months old they would believe it. It is still in excellent condition 16 years on.
I'd go Craftsman. I'm talking about the black hose with chrome plated brass ends. You'll see no brass, only chrome on a new one. A month or so after buying the hose I actually scrubbed my female end on the sidewalk with my hand, intentionally, to roughen the chrome so its easier to screw on with wet hands. That's how I know there is brass underneath, lol.
You might use TheWaybackMachine or Archive.org and find old pictures and compare to what they are selling as Craftsman hose today but I can say all the black Craftsman hose with chrome hex ends sold in the last 20 years or more is EXCELLENT hose.

It does. But as a BITOG member I always rotate my hoses from the front to the back and from the sunny side of the house to the shady side. My wife says I’m crazy. I don’t think I am. Am I?😳
Strangely enough … even some pool hoses/cleaner kits say that … and we learned the hard way … $$$
(store out of sunlight when not in use)

i would say something rated for commercial/professional use. go to a plumbing supply house and purchase one rated for high pressure and temps.
^^^^^This.^^^^^
When I was working in the field as a pipe fitter we had to test our pipe welds/vessels/connections with a hydrostatic test. We used a 3/4" rubber hose made by APEX to feed the pump its water for the test.
They're expensive, heavy duty, and MADE IN AMERICA. 🇺🇲 (y)

As I’ve recently gotten more into detailing, I’ve thought about getting an actual good quality garden hose.

I just have a cheap, 5/8”, vinyl Walmart hose now.

Pretty sure I want a rubber hose with brass fittings. Just not sure whether to go 3/4”, or stick with 5/8”. My water pressure (and volume) is not great, and I’m concerned that going 3/4” would reduce pressure even more.

Umm yea you are, just wipe them down with Aerospace 303 and wax them with collinite weeky so they don't fade. Moving them does't help with UVA and UVB absorption, I do this and my cheap $15 dollar hoses last 50 years. Granted I spend $1000 on maintenence products but in the end I have the best looking hoses in DFW

Hello, my garden hose has finally given up. I live in the desert and the high heat has gotten to it. It was showing signs of breaking down inside (bubbling of the hose) and going flat when my pressure washer tried to pull water through it. What is a good recommendation for an outside hose to use that will be hooked up to a pressure washer and be used in the desert?

Thank you
just reseal it with duct tape and liquid nails, cheaper than new hose, its what I do.

Buy the black Craftsman garden hose with the chrome plated ends and just don't worry about it or baby it. It will TAKE any normal abuse you throw at it for at least 15 years. Make your garden hose work for YOU, not work for IT... see my previous post.

Conti hose.

The flex/expandable hoses I would not use on pressure washer, but I do like those for normal stuff...

I like Flexzilla hoses. At first I thought, Oh Boy, another gimmick hose...........but after 3 years use - we even moved our hoses to the new place, that is how much we love them. Needed some more hoses for the new place so bought a couple crappy Lowe's sale specials............wow they suck. Going to order some more Flexzilla hoses, just bought one.......OK $100 is a lot of dough for a hose.......

EDIT - I do have a black Craftsman, great in warm, stiff as a whatever when cold. Flexzilla for the win.
Oldest Flexzilla now 4+ years old. Doing just fine

I had some gift cards for TSC and ended up buying this. Not sure how much a 75’ 3/4” diameter heavy duty rubber garden hose used to cost. But I’m quite sure it was a lot less than the $80 plus tax I had to pay! Geez!

Im expecting this to last for at least 20 years.

I have a Goodyear 75' 3/4" inch hose that I picked up at Home Depot 8 years ago, always buy 3/4" hoses.

Back