FYI on Kleenview wiper blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week I noticed my truck and wife's Honda Accord both needed new wiper blades. The old blades on both were Rain-X Weatherbeater blades. They did a good job until recently, hers were older than mine but they were all streaking pretty badly and no longer wiping cleanly. Mine were chattering a bit too.

I did do a search here and online, there are a lot of opinions and good and bad reviews here and other sites too for all of the different brands of blades. I searched specifically for info on the inexpensive Kleenview brand they sell at AAP. I did not find much info other than reviews on the AAP website. Most all of the AAP reviews were pretty good, so I bought 2 pairs of Kleenview blades yesterday and installed them on my truck and her car.

I had to make a trip down to Tampa and back today and it rained most of the way there and back home. It's about 130 miles round trip. The Kleenview blades were every bit as good as the much more expensive Rain-X blades I had before. They wipe clean, they run quiet and smooth and so far they have not chattered. They fit the curvature of the windshield very well. Wife drove her car back and forth to work today and said her wipers did very well too.

I just wanted to put this out there, for the simple fact I did not find any reviews specifically for Kleenview wiper blades here or anywhere else really, except for the AAP site. The Kleenview blades work great and cost half as much as Rain-X. The 4 blades together cost just shy of $28.00 for all 4 blades. I added a $2.00 car wash sponge to my order, paid online with my Pay Pal account, used the A123 online purchase discount code for $10.00 off a $30.00 order and the 4 wiper blades and sponge cost me $21.78, including tax. You just can't beat that price anywhere. I picked them up at the AAP just up the street.

Rain-X Weatherbeaters for my truck cost about $25.00 a pair, and for her car they cost about $28.00 a pair. Time will tell but so far the Kleenview blade appears to be a very good blade and a good value for the price, especially when you use the AAP discount code.

Summer is here, it rains every day here in Florida, maybe this post might help someone else get a good wiper blade for a cheap price.

Cool thats a nice feeling when you know the wife has no problems with being able to see.

I was looking at the rain x blades up here and they were pretty expensive compared to the regular cheaper ones i usually get. I have had no problems with cheaper ones so I guess the rain x ones will not go on my cars. I Dont know if we have the kleenview ones up here, and we dont have aap's so im not sure we can get them but at least i know the rain x ones are nothing special. Thanks. Its supposed to rain for another 5 days up here and it has been for 2 already.
frown.gif

I think the Michelin blades at Walmart are probably the best value. They are inexpensive and easily available.

IMHO - buy cheaper (not cheapest) blades and change more often will give you better vision over the period of time than by buying expensive blades and changing them less often.

Originally Posted By: Donald

IMHO - buy cheaper (not cheapest) blades and change more often will give you better vision over the period of time than by buying expensive blades and changing them less often.

I agree with this, I change blades every Fall on both cars-

The OEM blades on my cruze still work perfectly, after a year of ownership (build date was on 6/19/2011) and I plan to replace them with blades from the dealership, as these appear to last longer than any other blades I've ever had.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
The OEM blades on my cruze still work perfectly, after a year of ownership (build date was on 6/19/2011) and I plan to replace them with blades from the dealership, as these appear to last longer than any other blades I've ever had.

I am pretty sure my car has the origional ones as well. I might check out there first as well since mine are just bairly leaving a couple small streaks, but otherwise working very well. Too bad we didnt have a few of your stores up here
frown.gif
I get great deals at my places compared to others that shop there but I had to spend alot of money and really work to get my good prices.

go into aap and ask for their fleet line of wipers.

Cheap and good, but they're not out on display.

FWIW the factory wipers on the Chrysler lasted 5 years and nearly 60k miles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back