Funky old Frantz on EBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a funky funny looking old Frantz for sale on EBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300586876652&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT#ht_500wt_1182

It certainly looks well-built enough. I may be bidding on it. I wonder how old this relic is?

Brian

I wouldn't even bother unless you're into the collectability of it.Certainly no practicle use by using a roll of toilet paper.One hundred years from now, your grandkids can put itup on Antiques Roadshow.I think I'll bid on...

edit:jk ,tell us if you get it, and how it turned out.

Originally Posted By: FL_Rob
I wouldn't even bother unless you're into the collectability of it.Certainly no practicle use by using a roll of toilet paper.One hundred years from now, your grandkids can put itup on Antiques Roadshow.I think I'll bid on...

Too late for your (poor) advice. I'm already a Frantz user and believer in bypass filtering. I strongly disagree with you. Toilet paper has proven to be a superior filtering media.

Last edited:
I've never seen a Frantz like that one, but it sure looks like it's in good shape. I say go for it--assuming it seals adequately it should work great.

You may find that you need to do something about the center in order for it to work with current TP rolls that have the larger diameter tubes.

Originally Posted By: AlaskaMike
I've never seen a Frantz like that one, but it sure looks like it's in good shape. I say go for it--assuming it seals adequately it should work great.

You may find that you need to do something about the center in order for it to work with current TP rolls that have the larger diameter tubes.

I've been thinking about it Mike, and I think I'm going to pass. I'm planning on installing an oil and a trans fluid Frantz behind the grill of my Ford Ranger, and I think I want them to be exactly alike in appearance.

Hopefully that old relic will find a good home!

Originally Posted By: BSouza

Too late for your (poor) advice. I'm already a Frantz user and believer in bypass filtering. I strongly disagree with you. Toilet paper has proven to be a superior filtering media.

Poor advise? Man I was just kidding,read some of my posts bro ..you'll see through the sarcasm.I'll give great advice when I'm serious. If it's less than good advice, I'm joking.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300586876652&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT#ht_500wt_1182

It certainly looks well-built enough. I may be bidding on it. I wonder how old this relic is?

Brian

That was one of the early models. Nothing wrong with it except seals may be hard to find. You can find seals for the later, more common, Frantz models at any good o-ring supply including McMaster Carr. Frantz filters work very well. I’ve personally been using them for over 45 years.

That model was made previous to 1965.

Last edited:

Poor advise? Man I was just kidding,read some of my posts bro ..you'll see through the sarcasm.I'll give great advice when I'm serious. If it's less than good advice, I'm joking.

I apologize. Its sometimes hard to read the humor or sarcasm in a post!

Originally Posted By: jacobs

Brian

That was one of the early models. Nothing wrong with it except seals may be hard to find. You can find seals for the later, more common, Frantz models at any good o-ring supply including McMaster Carr. Frantz filters work very well. I’ve personally been using them for over 45 years.

That model was made previous to 1965.

No need to sell me on Frantz. See my funky old VW thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back