Ugly $79,950 Chevelle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bit of a hooptie, but far from being the worst I have seen. They wouldn't be able to sell it around here with such small wheels...needs a hack job lift so it can fit some 26s.

If this car was a basket case before the "resto," I really see no harm done. Better than it being crushed and shredded. It would probably be easier to return to stock now than if it had just come out of a barn or field.

The price is what really makes it funny. Someone might have $80K in it, but realistically that's a $20K car tops.

The wheels are UGLY... But replacable.

What I dont like is the garmin behind a plastic panel GPS and the modern shifter that looks like it came out of a 1990's mitsubishi. The steering wheel could be more authentic too.

No idea why they didnt keep the original gauges.

ghetto? Not really. Ugly? In some ways yes.

My biggest issue is that many of the mods arent reversible and try to make an older car too modern. Just not a fan...

Originally Posted By: mpvue
not the worst I've seen. the interior is worse than the wheels IMO. for that money, I'd expect an upgraded drivetrain and some larger brakes.

This. The neon blue interior lights.... ugh....

But the wheels are a tragedy on that car, and the brakes simply look ridiculous; barely larger than the hub.

Properly done big wheels/brakes:
2008PorscheTwinTurboCabrioletBrakeTireWheelTwo01FixedSmall.jpg

2011-porsche-911turbos-brakes.jpg

Epic failure (this car):
Cg_800.jpg

that car is so wrong.. if they had actually done some GOOD work on it to make it worth 80k maybe.

that's a 10000$ car

on the other hand heckling the seller is no so smart either.

this is no worse than someone selling toast that looks like jesus for 10000$ on ebay etc.

hey maybe some football player with too much money will buy it.. look at the other cars he has.

I would never pay $79k for it, but I think it's a kinda cool car...nothing REALLY outlandish done to it.

Originally Posted By: exranger06
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
im to lazy to type in all that linkie characters

You don't know how to copy and paste?

I'm going to agree with the others who said the comment was unwarranted and unnecessary. The dash looks ugly and the rims are a little too much, but other than that it doesn't look bad at all IMO. What ever happened to "if you don't have anything nice to say..." How would you feel if you were trying to sell your car and you had some guy emailing you saying it's ugly and overpriced?
Well, the car is ugly and overpriced.

Whether you like the car is irrelevant. What business does anyone have harrassing the seller because you don't like its price, especially when you know you won't buy the car in the first place?

I don't like 99% of cars being sold, but I don't email the seller telling them how ****y their car looks or how overpriced it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back