Fun with a 1998 Plymouth Voyager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
How bad is the leak? Maybe she can just keep topping it off for a while?

Bad enough that this isn't feasible
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
How bad is the leak? Maybe she can just keep topping it off for a while?

Bad enough that this isn't feasible
frown.gif

Lol yeah then that's a bad leak.

Well...how big a job is the trans fix?

Here's an idea: does she have any mechanical knowledge? (I'm guessing not.) If not, is she WILLING to learn? As in: would she be willing to help you fix her van?

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Well...how big a job is the trans fix?

Here's an idea: does she have any mechanical knowledge? (I'm guessing not.) If not, is she WILLING to learn? As in: would she be willing to help you fix her van?

I don't have the time to get this taken care of in a reasonable time frame and no, I don't think she wants to get into it either. I'm still waiting to hear on her decision regarding the trans shop's quote.

Maybe you could look at it again to see where it's leaking most from? If 90% of the leak is the pan then maybe the gasket is easily changed

Yeah, I could swing that. I don't know if she took it home or left it at the shop. I will find out. If it is the axle seals though, I definitely am not getting into that.

Wow, good job.

This is one of the main reason why I tell everyone that even if you don't work on your own car, you need to know how things work in theory and research / trouble shoot / double check other people's work.

It is leaking from both axle seals and the pan. The shop says they may have pull the tranny to fix it, as they don't know if the shaft is buggered, if it is just the seal or if there is something else going on.

She's decided to pull the plug, send it out to her dad (whose buddy did the tranny swap in the first place) and he's going to replace the seals for free for her and the pan gasket and then she's just going to drive it until it doesn't drive anymore while she saves up for something newer.

Great job Overkill, glad it sounds like the guy will do the right thing. Hopefully he uses quality gaskets and seals so they last a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back