Full Synthetic DEXRON VI/MERCON LV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your 2015 F-150 will lost likely require Mercon LV so you will need to maintain that spec not Mercon. From what I understand Motorcraft no longer makes Mercon V and has gone to Mercon LV to replace Mercon V.

I've had no issues in 3 years with using MaxLife to replace Mercon V in my 04 F-150 but that trans is a looong way from your 2015. I'd be sure to follow the manual at least until out of warranty. I've also used MaxLife for 08 BMW that requires Dex VI.

Mercon V has replaced old mercon, LV is seperate. GM back spec'd IV for previous dexIII apps, though.

As for your ford you have lots of options. Merc LV is actually on the affordable end and holds up real well. It is what I will be using at 100,000 mi. Maxlife is supposed to be a good option with similar viscosity numbers but to me I just dont like the ideaof using a fluidsupposedly compatible with so many disparite compatibilities.

Your 2015 will still have ford's 6r80 transmission(based on the ZF design). It is spec'd for Mercon LV with a 150k mile change. I change mine every 60k with LV and it works perfectly.

Originally Posted By: buck91
Mercon V has replaced old mercon, LV is seperate. GM back spec'd IV for previous dexIII apps, though.

As for your ford you have lots of options. Merc LV is actually on the affordable end and holds up real well. It is what I will be using at 100,000 mi. Maxlife is supposed to be a good option with similar viscosity numbers but to me I just dont like the ideaof using a fluidsupposedly compatible with so many disparite compatibilities.

No such spec as dex IV....it's DexVI

Originally Posted By: buck91
Dang keys always moving on me!

LOL I hate it when they do that!

According to Fordparts.com Mercon V, Mercon LV and Mercon SP are still available and are specifically not interchangeable.

Is there a better fluid to replace import ATF like WS, DW1 and SP-IV? Old Valvoline max life is too thick, but the new Dex/Merc LV may be Low Vis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back