full Synthetic and sludge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's negotiating. Non-chalantly inform him that if he doesn't buy it, someone else will. Then walk away.

Last edited:
3,000 miles and 6 months in synthetic??
lol.gif

Nothing to see here (except wasted oil). Drive on.

Originally Posted by JLTD
lol.gif

I hear ya …..can't help myself

at least I know my engine is clean …..except for the possible sludge
smirk2.gif

Some engines demand that low mile/time OCI with full synthetic to keep the engine clean, extend it out to 5K and you may have a sludge or excess varnish issue.
I don't think your engine meets any of the criteria for one of these engines but there is absolutely nothing wrong with what are doing.
Timing chain wear on those long chains (less) and varnish free hydraulically operated components are just some of the benefits of a shorter a OCI an can save a lot of money in the long run.

Originally Posted by Miller88
Is it a white sludge on the oil cap? The triton engines are pretty prone to that if they are short tripped. It has no bearing on anything other than the oil cap.

This.... My 08 King Ranch will get the white paste in the winter if I short trip it. Nothing to worry about
smile.gif

Originally Posted by phillyFX4
Originally Posted by JLTD
lol.gif

I hear ya …..can't help myself

at least I know my engine is clean …..except for the possible sludge
smirk2.gif

My wife has a 2008 Escape V6 she drives 1 miles to work now, before we moved a year ago she drove 3 miles one way
With the oil cap off the gear chain and two rocker arms that I can see is still shiny new no sludge no varnish
QS 5/20 for every oil change

If you believe you may be prone to sludge , consider to run 1oz. of Seafoam to 1 qrt. of oil in the crank case for between 100 to 300 miles max at the end of an OCI - then drain and refill with new oil and oil filter .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back