Full 2-OSB007 cut open after 8k

2015 Forester, oil used was Rotella T6 5w30
Date code 9CMFK2

Replaced with another Full filter and Pennzoil HM Synthetic 0w20

The blue ADBV was soft and pliable. I used it to prop up the media cartridge to take the pics since the media cartridge kept rolling away :D

IMG_20240205_193513477.jpg

IMG_20240205_193528321.jpg

IMG_20240205_193538440.jpg

IMG_20240205_193556348.jpg

IMG_20240205_193657673.jpg

IMG_20240205_193813728.jpg

IMG_20240205_193826878.jpg

IMG_20240205_193837063.jpg

IMG_20240205_193849419.jpg

IMG_20240205_193856683.jpg

Is there anything printed on the cans that shows a difference in them, besides the color?

Not that I could notice

Looks fine, pleat uniformity (minor) one area could be better but at 8k miles, got the job done. Speculating China coo? Any efficiency rating? Fwiw, agree blue adbv, silicone.

Thanks for c&p.

Thailand

Looks good from here. Curious if the filter was "empty" when you unscrewed it.
Oil looks clean - a lot of HW miles driven during this OCI?

I don't see your dual-rated T6 multifleet 5W30 on the shelves around here.

The FA/FB filters are on top of the engine pointing down, and I unscrewed it slightly when draining the oil.

It's not widely available. Napa is the only store I've ever seen it on the shelf. Autozone and Walmart have it, but online-only.

A few people on here got 9 gallons for free when it first came out, and I was one of them. I do like this oil a lot, but I wish Shell sold single quart bottles as well, since the Subarus take 5 quarts of oil. HDEO is sold by the gallon (4qt) rather than the 5qt that PCMO is typically sold in.

... ... ... .

The FA/FB filters are on top of the engine pointing down, and I unscrewed it slightly when draining the oil.

It's not widely available. Napa is the only store I've ever seen it on the shelf. Autozone and Walmart have it, but online-only.
Yes, I haven't been to a real autoparts store in a while looking for oil, we used to have a reliable local chain called SANEL near me, I got my conventional Shell Rotella 10w30 fleet and farm Triple Protect back in the API SL days. I miss that stuff. Then did the red bottle QS Defy 10w30 which was also good. SANEL got bought up by NAPA - better them than O'Reillys I suppose.

The reason I asked about the filter being empty, the Subaru parts counter "Blue Fram" was always dry when I took it off form any of our FB motors - even 2 hours after running. Car also made quite a racket cold with that filter. Glad they went back to Tokyo Roki for the service part stock in the U.S.

- Ken

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Unlike the other Full, couldn't see coo. So, same as many Premium Guard. Iirc, was it you that posted Napa has stopped selling the "Full" brand?

All the Fulls are made in Thailand. In fact, the company name is actually Siam Filter. They make basically every oil filter made in Thailand. In fact, I actually assume that any oil filter made in Thailand, OEM or aftermarket, is made by Siam/Full.

It was not me that said Napa stopped carrying Full, and they are in fact still available at my local Napas. The ones who have a hard time getting full from Napa are @Junk in Iowa and @malibuguy79 in Maryland (he posted in my other Full cut-and-post)

Yes, I haven't been to a real autoparts store in a while looking for oil, we used to have a reliable local chain called SANEL near me, I got my conventional Shell Rotella 10w30 fleet and farm Triple Protect back in the API SL days. I miss that stuff. Then did the red bottle QS Defy 10w30 which was also good. SANEL got bought up by NAPA - better them than O'Reillys I suppose.

The reason I asked about the filter being empty, the Subaru parts counter "Blue Fram" was always dry when I took it off form any of our FB motors - even 2 hours after running. Car also made quite a racket cold with that filter. Glad they went back to Tokyo Roki for the service part stock in the U.S.

- Ken

If that Roki is made in Thailand, it's made by Siam/Full.

If that Roki is made in Thailand, it's made by Siam/Full.

The new Tokyo Roki Subaru filters are made in Indonesia... at least so far.

Tokyo Roki's website doesn't show any manufacturing locations in Indonesia, and a company called Selamat Sempurna (Sakura) indicates that they have an agreement to produce filters for Tokyo Roki. The construction of these filters also seems to line up with that theory.

Last edited:
All the Fulls are made in Thailand. In fact, the company name is actually Siam Filter.....,...
OK, obviously I was unaware of Full coo. And before this post, unaware of Siam, period. So, I'm now properly educated on Full filters now. Just remembered some member posted about Full availability at Napa, why the query about it. Thanks for clarification.

- offensive content removed -

First filter I had problems with - and why I joined here was a Toyota parts Denos (Thailand) that purportedly didnt flow. Suzuki had a similar issue with their service parts in the mid 2000's Black cellophane wrapped and capped filters with a pre-greased P-ring base gasket. Put the used "Lexus style" factory original Japan Denso back on, and the car ran well. Next (thinking lost prime?) I put the Thai filter back on and we are back to no VT oil and tons of clacking and low power - though the oil pressure MIL was not lit up.

Construction looked fine. The only thing I could guess went wrong was possibly over-rosined media paper or improperly processed media paper. Remains a mystery.

Last edited:
Back