Fuel stabilizer, after the fact.....

I'm thinking that's a bunch of marketing BS, I don't see how adding something would reverse oxidation of the gasoline. Plus part of the problem is that some of the components are of lower molecular weight and can evaporate. They even state the gasoline is not altered, so how do you reverse anything?

Nonsense.
I'm not saying your right or wrong. But you have to come up with something better than, "I think". You're stating opinion. Not reversing their claim. Let alone doing it convincingly.

I'm not saying your right or wrong. But you have to come up with something better than, "I think".
Reversing oxidation is an energy intensive process. Oxides are stable compounds since oxygen is the second most electronegative element. Entropy leads you to oxidation and putting it back properly is not easy nor trivial especially with the highly diverse hydrocarbons in gasoline. Kind of like trying to recreate a pig out of sausage.

All I got.

Edit: Actually it is a lot more like trying to reverse cooking oil that has gone rancid. You can prevent it by adding an antioxidant such as BHT but once the fat molecules are saturated, how do you reverse that? No chemical added to the oil will do so.

Last edited:
Old man, neighbor, did a good job of filling 8, five gallon fuel jugs, back when gas was about $3 a gallon. Problem is, he did not utilize a fuel stabilizer and it has been 14 months. I wonder how good the fuel is and mostly, I am wondering if he can add a fuel stabilizer now and if it would make a difference?

I've used this stuff. I ran 5 year old fuel with no issues.

I’ve been running 3 year old gas that’s E0 that’s been in jerry cans in my 04 Tacoma with no signs of any problems with PRI-G. Runs the same as it does on new gas. No loss in mpg or power. Not sure on how good it would do at bringing old gas back to usable status but it works great in everything I use it in like chainsaws , mowers , weed eaters , boat and vehicles.

Last edited:
Back