Fuel Contamination ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While fueling the garden tractor, I accidentially overfilled the tractor fuel tank to the top of the neck on tank opening.

In haste, I used a plastic turkey baster to suck some of the fuel from the fuel tank neck.

I noticed that the clear plastic now has a milky look to the clear plastic tube of the baster.

Should I discard all of the fuel that contains fuel from the baster?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

The real question is what is he going to use it on next...
shocked2.gif
might hear the kids complain...

" Hey Mom, this turkey sandwich smells like Shell Vpower"
13.gif

Originally Posted By: Gravely20G

Should I discard all of the fuel that contains fuel from the baster?

I wouldn't bother.

The baster is probably some cheap polycarbonate or acyrlic and was eaten away by the gasoline or ethanol or some additive designed for removing varnish.

To the fuel, the baster looks like varnish, and to the baster, the fuel looks like solvent!

There won't be any harm in using the fuel, even though it now contains some small amount of polymers from the baster.

Originally Posted By: Kaboomba
The baster is probably some cheap polycarbonate or acyrlic and was eaten away by the gasoline or ethanol or some additive designed for removing varnish.

To the fuel, the baster looks like varnish, and to the baster, the fuel looks like solvent!

There won't be any harm in using the fuel, even though it now contains some small amount of polymers from the baster.

He may have created some super additive that will be discussed ad nauseam for years to come here. Just call it TBA (Turkey Baster Additive).

Can't be that much gasoline. I would pitch it or perhaps massively dilute it putting it into a large, full gas tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back