Fuel Adds & Dispenser Bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.

V1

My FP60 dispenser bottle has always leaked. Time for something new. I'd like something similar, but leak-proof if possible. Any good ideas out there?

How is the FP60 32-oz. container? You know, the sta-bil type dispenser. Is it refillable?

Well the 32oz doesn't leak. But the neck is wayyyyy too short for me. Maybe you could attach a hose to it, but you shouldn't have to. Might as well just use a stabil bottle and a funnel.

I just use an empty Chevron Techron bottle. I like the longer neck on it which works really well for my cars.

I put it in a cleaned out big, glass jug of Carlo Rossi wine. From there it goes into the measuring bottle they send with this stuff and I use a little funnel to get it down to the gas tank.

I'd rather not have to carry around any hoses, funnels or empty alcohol containers in the car. (J/K martyi, I understand what you're saying).

I want something just as compact, portable, and easy to use as the standard FP60 shampoo bottle, but doesn't leak. I'll probably wind up buying something from the store. Does the plastic have to be a certain grade or strength to pour FP60 into it? I read that somewhere around here.

I add it in my driveway so I use a long neck funnel and their 16 ounce mesasuring bottle. This works well for me. Though bottle does seem to get wet with FP. But that is most likely from when I fill it from the gallon jug.

Whimsey

The 5.25oz Lucas UCL bottle works well.
 -

"Does the plastic have to be a certain grade or strength to pour FP60 into it? I read that somewhere around here."

Yes, V1, you want to use HDPE #2 type bottles. I recently made a post about this in the additive section. It basically turned the Amsoil PI bottle to a non-solid warped plastic bottle. Though the Stabil bottle is a #2 HDPE type, I'm going to use it for storing the FP60 in my car so I can use it when I fill up.

quote:

Originally posted by jeepman:
I just use an empty Chevron Techron bottle. I like the longer neck on it which works really well for my cars.

I used to do that, but it still required something to measure the 3oz of FP60 with. I found a 4oz plastic bottle in a plastic supply shop for about 25 cents and added a graduation for the 3oz level. Now I don't need funnels or measuring devices.

The big Sta-bil bottle works great for me. I've used the small too, and never had any approach problems; they both poured in just fine. I stayed with the large one. Makes measuring a snap, and stores safely in my kit in the back of the car.

A Red 32oz. Marvel Mystery Oil Bottle. It has 4oz. graduations/scale and is opaque, to see the level of the fluid. It doesn't leak.
Keep it with the car and pour it into the fuel tank when refueling.
I pour from a 1 gal. jug of MMO, to keep it refilled.
biggthumbcoffe.gif

The reason I prefer the Sta-bil bottles is that they have the built-in measuring chamber. It makes adding precisely the desired amount a snap. Open the little cap, make sure the big one is tight, squeeze, and the chamber fills with one ounce. Here's an image I just captured out of the Sta-bil web site:
 -

It's the correct type of plastic (2) also.

quote:

Originally posted by ekpolk:
The reason I prefer the Sta-bil bottles is that they have the built-in measuring chamber. It makes adding precisely the desired amount a snap. Open the little cap, make sure the big one is tight, squeeze, and the chamber fills with one ounce. Here's an image I just captured out of the Sta-bil web site:

Thats basically how the fp60- 32 oz bottle works. But for example on my car : I cannot tilt the bottle enough for the chamber to empty on its own. When the bottle was full - I tried to squeeze the bottle to empty the chamber. This resulted in adding way too much fp. Now that level is lower,it works sortof..
I cant tell from the pic, but the stabil neck doesn't seem much longer.

quote:

Originally posted by ekpolk:
 -

It's the correct type of plastic (2) also.

How does the thicker viscosity of FP60 work in the Stabil bottle? Any problems with it?

It looks like it would be a much better solution than my old dry gas bottle and turkey baster method....

When it's really cold (and keep in mind that for me, that means 20-30* or so), it just gets a tad harder to squeeze the FP up into the measuring chamber. It's certainly noticeable, but it's never prevented me from dispensing as intended. On the flip side, such as in the middle of the summer when the bottle's been simmerin' away in your trunk, under the sun all day, the stuff just squirts up into the measuring chamber almost as if by magic. For me anyway, fully functional at all temps.
cheers.gif

Pastmaster:
I looked on the bottom of my 32 oz MMO bottle, and it contains a number 7 inside of the triangle. Anybody ever see a 7 inside? Is the 32 oz MMO bottle actually a number 2? Maybe mine is mismarked.

With all of the concern about the precise measuring of the FP60, I just eyeball mine 3 ounces. Close enough for govt work, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back