fuel additives with direct injection engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just pruchased a 2009 Saturn Outlook with the 3.6L VVT and new to 2009 something called direct fuel injection.

I wasn't going to buy a new car for a couple of years but the 5,000 GM card points that I was able to use, sealed the deal for me.

I have used FP (60/3000/+) in every tankful in all my cars for the past 6 years or so. I will continue to use fp in this car but am i missing out on some of the cleaning action due to the direct injection? Will this car still need a carbon cleaning to clean the stuff above the pistons?

Thanks for any input you can give me.

Being that this car is direct injected,

That cleaner will miss the intake valves and ports in a DI engine, but should still be acting on everything else (fuel system, piston tops, etc.).

But then the intake valves and ports shouldn't get dirty... unless it has EGR and PCV. CFI is looking pretty good right about now?

Originally Posted By: severach
But then the intake valves and ports shouldn't get dirty... unless it has EGR and PCV.

Correct, but I'm not aware of any engines that don't have PCV systems that vent to the intake...

While using FP (60/3000/+)in all your cars the past 6 years did you have to do any carbon cleaning etc. of the fuel / air delivery system?

Originally Posted By: Bebop367

While using FP (60/3000/+)in all your cars the past 6 years did you have to do any carbon cleaning etc. of the fuel / air delivery system?

I never have done a carbon cleaning or seafoam cleaning during the past 6 years. Once I had the plenum off on my caravan, and everything below the injectors was spotless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back