FSI engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: harrydog
Please let me know what those 5 gallon containers are like. Do they have a spout? How easy is it to pour out the amount you need each time?

It's a regular 5-gallon bucket.

Luckily I still have the 1-gallon jug from last time (and an empty RLI 1 quart bottle).

PLan on using a one of those "pump siphons, I got from the auto parts store.

A drill pump will make things a lot quicker though...

Originally Posted By: JosephH1
Originally Posted By: blaze1
M1 0w40

seems to do the trick

I am not so sure in these FSI motors. See RI_RS4's monster thread, M1 0w-40 did not fare well at all in these motors.

Can be true on analysis, but seriously... what vw 502 oil has done good in analysis for our cars?

Cant really recall any, then again not a whole lot of FSI guys getting analysis yet.

Liqui Moly 4200 for the first 5000km..now I am on Motul 300V 5w-40.

Took my fuel pump bushing out last night...it looks brand new, not a mark. Yet to do a UOA though.

Originally Posted By: BTLew81
harrydog...would like to know as well. I am going to order some RLI for my car, but would love to order 5 gal in the future if it is easy to pour/dispense.

The 5gal pail has a small (2 inch) built in e-z pour spout, which eliminates the need to pry off the lid. I just pried off the small white cap, opened the spout and poured the oil into a leftover 1 gal oil jug that I had lying around. Really easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back