Front-End Check Valve on Baldwin B7219 Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello:

I have a New Holland TD95D tractor ('06 Vintage) with a 3.9L Iveco engine. Years ago I cut open a used oil filter thinking that it was a combination full flow with a bypass element (as some Diesel filters are). It was not and I could not figure the design out. Now Baldwin catalogs a filter for this tractor and lists it as having a 2 PSI front end restriction. Does anyone Know the reason for this?

Thanks.

B7219
Descriptions: Lube Spin-on

Contains: Anti-Drainback Valve
30 PSID By-Pass Valve
2 PSID Front-End Check Valve

Fits: New Holland Tractors

Replaces: New Holland 1931018

Thread: 3/4-16

O.D.: 4 1/4 (108.0)

Length: 4 3/8 (111.1)

I. Gskt.: G381-A

UPC: 791440063761

The 2 PSI could be the amount pressure the ADBV holds? It does claim it has a ADBV so I am guessing that's what the 2 PSI is.

Might be saying it takes 2 PSID to make the "Front-End Check Valve" (ADBV) open up while oil is flowing through the filter.

Hello Again:

I was not clear on the design. This filter has a spring loaded plunger in the center of the filter the oil must push past to exit the filter.

My guess is this is an anti-siphon feature (the filter is located high on the engine) or the oil line to the turbo is before the filter (why?) and they want to insure flow.

Ideas?

Thanks.

It basically acts as a ADBV for the center tube. Sounds like the "anti-siphon" valve takes 2 PSI to open. Therefore, it is adding 2 PSI delta-p across the oil filter in addition to the delta-p the media creates when the oil is flowing. No big deal IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back