from O'Rielly, does anyone know who makes this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from O'Reilly, does anyone know who makes this or have any pictures of whats inside? Cost $3.49

O'REILLY/MICROGARD - Oil Filter
Item No: GL14670
$3.49 Each

This is there house brand
microguard.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if MicroGard is a house brand as I purchased a fuel filter from O'reillys of that same brand.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
I wonder if MicroGard is a house brand as I purchased a fuel filter from O'reillys of that same brand.

Yes, it's their house brand. Someone should be a long shortly that recognizes the base plate to identify who actually makes it.

The one I picked up for visual comparison to other filters was a full inch shorter than any other filter I have.

Not a big deal, it could have better filtering capabilities yet a slightly smaller volume. I just find it interesting that it is slightly shorter.

If its really that much shorter, it may be a e-core Champion?
I agree that the one in the pic is a Purolator though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at the picture first and thought that it looks like the Purolator filter for my Dakota.

Then I saw the part number.....bingo.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
It's a Purolater. Says "3 4 16" on the baseplate.

Purloators usually have the size stamped on them, so that would be my guess. I wouldnt have a problem running it at all.

I'm an O'Reilly store manager and all the Microgard filters are currently made by Purolator. A very decent filter for the price IMHO.

Purolator as everybody said. The cartridge filters for my Ecotec from Purolator, Microguard, and Bosch are all IDENTICAL. I buy whatever I can get the cheapest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back