Free Valvoline filter with order from global site

I saw this ad in my Facebook feed. I made the purchase for an upcoming oil change. I will not be using the “premium” filter rather I will cut it open and post it here in the name of science! It looks a little short compared to the FL-500S.
IMG_0044.jpeg

IMG_0045.jpeg

Appreciate that you will sacrifice the filter to better the human condition. I think the issue is that assuming the filter is worth, say, $6, you are still paying approximately $45 for six quarts of perfectly fine, but not premium oil. I would at minimum buy two of the five quart containers, and avoid getting hosed on the individual quart. My current "litmus test" is that the name brand, five quart container should be between $22 and $26. I have been getting both Quaker State Full Syn, and Castrol GTX Full Syn in this window. I know that this is BITOG, but I would say those brands are very comparable. I mostly use 0 W 20, not high-mileage (even though the cars are high mileage) so the comparison is not exactly correct. I use Wix filters that I get for around $8, or sometimes Fram Extra Guard, when Amazon makes them too cheap to resist. ($3-4). Best wishes.

Back