FREE Oil Sampling/Analysis Kit From Chevron

"New oil may not be clean enough to suffice the lubricant cleanliness needs for your equipment. Chevron will conduct a new lubricant health check to report the fluid cleanliness level, water, ICP and if it is suitable for your operation."

It will interesting when some of you get results back.

Last edited:
My son is coming to visit me this weekend and he's changing the oil in our trucks engines. We haven't decided which brand of oil we will be using, but when we figure it out, I'm in.
Choices;
1)NAPA 5W30 semi synthetic
2) Chevron Supreme 5W30 semi synthetic
3) Havoline HM 5W30 synthetic
There are already sp voas of the first 2 up.

bitog member did the chevron, Paia did the Napa semi, both can be seen in the 30 voa compilation thread.

Last edited:
I'm going to send in some Supertech 5W-30 Full Synthetic

1629905337336.jpg

Has anyone actually received one if these test kits? I submitted a request for one about 3 months ago and it never showed up.

Has anyone actually received one if these test kits? I submitted a request for one about 3 months ago and it never showed up.
Lol I was gonna ask if anyone got a confirmation of some sort, that they would receive one. I got zero confirmation.

I wonder if it’s more aimed at business/quick lubes of fleet owners. I did list a company and selected “construction” on the form.

Thanks everyone for participating so we can spread out the tests and cover more basis.

I haven't decided yet, but most people probably have and can test 20 and 30 weights but we don't have a lot of 40 weight tests. I acquired a lot of Carquest which is now apparently Fram - same formula but different label. I'm thinking of doing the 5w40 since we seem to have a lot of 20 and 30 weights covered elsewhere. Or I might do the Valvoline 0w40, M1 0w40, or Castrol Edge 0w40.

Anyone with feedback or overlap on these so I don't replicate someone elses' submission?

Thanks everyone for participating so we can spread out the tests and cover more basis.

I haven't decided yet, but most people probably have and can test 20 and 30 weights but we don't have a lot of 40 weight tests. I acquired a lot of Carquest which is now apparently Fram - same formula but different label. I'm thinking of doing the 5w40 since we seem to have a lot of 20 and 30 weights covered elsewhere. Or I might do the Valvoline 0w40, M1 0w40, or Castrol Edge 0w40.

Anyone with feedback or overlap on these so I don't replicate someone elses' submission?
M1 0w40 has already been tested by TiGeo last Decemberish. Unless you think the formula may have changed, I’d test something else. My vote is for the Valvoline 0w40.

on another note, I will not be testing the Mobil 1 I said I would earlier. I’ve changed it to the Kendall 5w30 hp liquitek I recently ordered, once that is tested, my entire stash will be voa’ed.

LOL...Chevron is interested in fleets, not DY self folks like most of us. Nothing is free.

I got an email from them asking if my address was a business address. I have a feeling most, if not all of us are not getting any kits.
Really, I got no email and used a business related email address and my home address which is where the office is located. What did you respond with?

on another note, I wonder if this is even a voa like we’re used to or just a quick “your oil looks good to run, if you’d like our chevron supreme would be an excellent choice for your fleet, we’ve included your local chevron distributor contact information for bulk pricing on our chevron supreme”.

I got an email about the business address and when I supplied it they sent the kit which was delivered by Fedex yesterday. It is just a small package with a bottle, I will open it and take a picture later today.
I also got another email saying they look forward to discussing my needs. I think this is a can of worms best left closed, the last thing I want is to be hounded by some Chevron employee. LOL

Hi Paul,

I received your request for a complimentary sample from our free sample promotion. I will have that shipped out this week. You should expect it within the next 10 days at most.

Looking forward to getting your results and speaking with you further.

name removed

Inside Sales Representative

Chevron North America Lubricants

Direct: 502-565-8071

name removed@chevron.com

Really, I got no email and used a business related email address and my home address which is where the office is located. What did you respond with?

on another note, I wonder if this is even a voa like we’re used to or just a quick “your oil looks good to run, if you’d like our chevron supreme would be an excellent choice for your fleet, we’ve included your local chevron distributor contact information for bulk pricing on our chevron supreme”.
I told them it was a business address and haven't heard back. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

I’m wondering if it’s worth my time to fill out the application. Has anyone received a free analysis kit from Chevron?

I’m wondering if it’s worth my time to fill out the application. Has anyone received a free analysis kit from Chevron?
I got it and wish I never bothered with this. I didn't use it and am not going to but even 10 min ago I got another daily call from Chevron and emails every day. They are hounding me as bad as any spammer.

Edit: Right after posting i got another email, nothing bad but every day and the calls even after I told them by voice and email I am not using it and am not interested. They have a couple of bucks invested in postage so they will make me pay. LOL

I am reaching out today as a follow up to our complementary Lubricant Sample kit Promotion. We have not received any results from the lab for your oil submission. If you need any assistance or have any questions, please let me know.

When it comes to the life of your equipment, your first line of defense is your lubricant. If the lubricant in your equipment exceeds the OEM’s cleanliness recommendation, your equipment is experiencing increased wear that can lead to reduced component life, additional maintenance costs, and unplanned downtime. That’s why measuring cleanliness is so important – to use particle counting to measure the size and quantity of contaminants in your new and in-service lubricants and monitor lubricant health over time.

Ensuring Cleanliness is just as important for your equipment as viscosity and performance additives. At Chevron we specify lubricants to meet your needs: 1) Viscosity, 2) Performance, and 3) Cleanliness with Chevron ISOCLEAN Certified Lubricants.

Mollie Dotson

Inside Sales Representative

Chevron North America Lubricants

Direct: 502-420-7119

Last edited:
Back