FREE Oil Sampling/Analysis Kit From Chevron

I will propose a suggestion. If we coordinate testing different products, we can accomplish more VOAs rather than overlapping the same VOAs.

Whose on board with this plan?

I suggest we try to list what we can test or what we intend to test so as to omit overlaps, possibly look to see if there's already a recent VOA to try to add to a collective versus overlaps. Unless overlaps are viewed favorably to ensure consistency?

I will propose a suggestion. If we coordinate testing different products, we can accomplish more VOAs rather than overlapping the same VOAs.

I suggest we try to list what we can test or what we intend to test so as to omit overlaps, possibly look to see if there's already a recent VOA to try to add to a collective versus overlaps. Unless overlaps are viewed favorably to ensure consistency?
I’m in, Valvoline maxlife full syn 5w30 or Mobil 1 5w30 (maybe the truck & suv). Don’t have either but want to see the results. if someone else has them and wants to test I’ll test something different. Everything I have has been run, Val Premium blue 10w30, Napa FS HM 5w30 and 0w30 afe which was tested a little while ago by another member.

Last edited:

I was thinking the same thing. I can send off a sample of ESP 0W30, Trav said he was in for the 5W30. Seeing the difference between the two may or may not be of interest.

I’m in and I volunteer to do the Briggs and Stratton Vanguard 15W-50 Synthetic for those of us with mowers calling for it. If someone else has some API SP Mobil1 15W-50, that would be great to compare against because that is typically the other go-to for folks with beefier mowers.

Would someone post some pics when they get their kit? I'm wondering what this oil analysis will actually cover. Will it be comparable to other VOAs that are posted here? Etc.

My son is coming to visit me this weekend and he's changing the oil in our trucks engines. We haven't decided which brand of oil we will be using, but when we figure it out, I'm in.
Choices;
1)NAPA 5W30 semi synthetic
2) Chevron Supreme 5W30 semi synthetic
3) Havoline HM 5W30 synthetic

Back