Free maintenance and warranty work-new vehicle

We bought a 2020 Toyota Highlander brand new from a large dealer. They offer a lifetime power train warranty. But to get that warranty I can’t to any maintenance to it myself. So I take it to one of two other dealers near me to get it serviced. So far both have done a good job. But I’d prefer to do it myself.

I think most dealers would probably do this as a courtesy, it was ages ago but we sure did, and i know that they do "trip checks" for free now.

I doubt anyone would keep track or start an oil consumption test without excessive oil consumption being mentioned.

Another aspect of this that no one thinks about is that buy including maintenance free they have complied with the provision of MM that says they can't require you to use their product unless it is supplied at no charge. I haven't heard of it happening but all it takes is the right person rubbing the right person the wrong way and one said person finding an aftermarket filter on other said persons car....

they could probably make it stick too...

At the BMW dealer, we'd just top off the car for free. I don't remember if it only applied to cars under warranty or all.

Back