Freds Stores brand oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a Fred's today and noticed they have oil filters now. Did not take pics but they come in a blue and yellowish gold color box The one that fits my 06 Elantra looks very close to the Hyundai OEM filter and was marked made in Korea and priced at $2.99. Even the cartridge type filters they had were all in that price range. I have noticed that cartridge filters at least in my area are usually quite a bit higher price than spin on type. A few years ago (at least 8 or 10 probably), the Fred's in this area carried Havoline brand filters for a while that seemed to be made by Wix.

Originally Posted by Electromotive
... A few years ago (at least 8 or 10 probably), the Fred's in this area carried Havoline brand filters for a while that seemed to be made by Wix.
Here Fred's carried (maybe still do) Champion brand filters that appeared to have been made by Purolator, but used Fram-like numbers.

If you had a pic of the filter's baseplate, likely have a good shot at identifying the manufacturer. As mentioned used to sell Havoline labeled filters, they were made by Purolator.

As an aside, Fred's didn't last long around here, it was in an old Winn Dixie store. Between Dollar General quarter mile away, Dollar Tree and WM a couple/few miles more, they never had a prayer. Around here DG is opening new construction stores at a good clip.

Dollar General is the biggie in my locale. The Fred's near me closed up a few years ago and though several are still in this area, none are convenient to me. The Dollar Tree stores around hear generally don't have any motor oil or filters on the shelf of any kind. Family Dollar has a few stores in this area and they carry oil but not filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back