France carbon tax pushes Gas over $7.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if we dont allow it , let your elected officials know how you feel
Originally Posted by pbm
Originally Posted by dave1251
GOD Bless America indeed.

If the biased and DISHONEST media elites have their way.....we will follow the same path as western Europe.....

Only instigated by the tree huggers and are starting to push politicians here in Honolulu to do the same. 1st ban plastic grocery bags, next thing they're working on is banning plastic drinking straws. They were successful in pushing for all renewables in 2045 which is now state law and now they're going for all electric vehicles. Don't mind me, I love trees and the forest and the shade trees provide but not when somebody tells or forces you to do things. The government here is just a bunch of communists.

LOL you got to be kidding . You drank the koolaid . America is the last place in the world where a person can make the most of his or her potential no matter their creed or handicap .

Originally Posted by anndel
Only instigated by the tree huggers and are starting to push politicians here in Honolulu to do the same. 1st ban plastic grocery bags, next thing they're working on is banning plastic drinking straws. They were successful in pushing for all renewables in 2045 which is now state law and now they're going for all electric vehicles. Don't mind me, I love trees and the forest and the shade trees provide but not when somebody tells or forces you to do things. The government here is just a bunch of communists.
We banned plastic bags here in the city of Toronto temporarily. I'm no environmentalist, but I would be fine with paper bags. You can wear them as a mask if your hockey team sucks.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
We banned plastic bags here in the city of Toronto temporarily. I'm no environmentalist, but I would be fine with paper bags. You can wear them as a mask if your hockey team sucks.
LoL

Originally Posted by SonofJoe
Shouldn't it be God HELP America?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46325168

This isn't me saying it, this is your own people! The evidence is blatanty obvious to anyone with eyes but it seems you prefer to deny it, rubbish it or say it's a conspiracy cooked up by media elites, Obama & George Soros.

You used to be so good. Whatever happened to bring you this low?

Shouldn't it be none of the above here as that's both religion and politics?

Oh yeah, I love trees too, good for paper and lumber.

Oh and I think that applies to animals too, they're delicious.

If a man is not allowed to work his spirit is broken . Goverment wants and needs you to be dependent on them for everything , you don't need choices they can make them for you .

.[/quote] If the biased and DISHONEST media elites have their way.....we will follow the same path as western Europe.....[/quote] We are following the same path as Europe Did you pay attention to the last election?

When I was a kid all we used were brown paper (recycled) or reusable bags and paper straws and no plastic water bottles. I think discouraging the use of them is a good thing, its responsible and takes little or no effort. But that's the rub, these lunatics do not want environmental responsibility, they have a radical social agenda and using the environment as a means to an end IMO.

Originally Posted by Trav
When I was a kid all we used were brown paper (recycled) or reusable bags and paper straws and no plastic water bottles. I think discouraging the use of them is a good thing, its responsible and takes little or no effort. But that's the rub, these lunatics do not want environmental responsibility, they have a radical social agenda and using the environment as a means to an end IMO.
I agree with that as plastic in the oceans is much higher on my list of environmental priorities than anything else. However, I think it would require a massive shift in the way stores supply bags. Big companies would rather pass environmental costs onto the consumer, they already do this here with a five cent tax on bags and suggestion to use reusable bags even though they contain high levels of bacteria when reused and not washed. Paper is the answer but they are more expensive than plastic. Same with glass bottles. They are far superior in every way other than weight and expense.

Originally Posted by JOD
Serious question: there are plenty of places you can talk about politics, deny climate change, etc. Why do folks feel the need to do it here why it's clearly against the terms of service of the forum? serious question.
I think because posters are aware of these rules and try not to debate ideologies. I'm pretty sure we are allowed to discuss news of the day as long as people posting in the thread keep it clean. No one likes to pay taxes, everyone likes cheap fuel. This board seems to have a lot of older members who can discuss political topics while being civil.

Critiquing environmentalism is not a problem, it is politicized but it is not a fundamentally political issue.

Your safe space is one click away.

No one can DENY climate change. That's been happening for hundreds of millions of years. 6 ice ages and subsequent heating cycles so far on Earth....none of it attributable to man. I guess the cave man should have been carbon taxed on every camp fire back in the day....lol.

What can be argued...is the exact scientific causes for climate changes...and whether man plays any role whatsoever.

Last edited:
I thought it was already about that much, or even more, over there
21.gif

I filled the Tahoe up for $1.79/gal this morning. ($2.09 regular - $0.40 off per gallon on our Kroger card)

I couldn't imagine $7/gal. I don't even pay that much for race fuel.

Originally Posted by Zee09
My friends in Norway pay over $9 a gallon.
I understand it helps pay for health insurance.
I'd quit driving.

That's lunacy
crazy2.gif
Plenty of countries with socialized medicine don't pay anywhere near that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back