Fram XG10060 Cut Open 9797 Miles - Pennzoil Platinum

First cut filter. Didn't see anything crazy.

2019 Ram 1500 Classic, 5.7L, 56300 miles

IMG_9823.jpg
IMG_9824.jpg
IMG_9822.jpg
IMG_9821.jpg
IMG_9826.jpg

What oils have you been using? Did you put PP back in? Would be interesting to see a run of HPL followed by a filter inspection.

What oils have you been using? Did you put PP back in? Would be interesting to see a run of HPL followed by a filter inspection.
PP was used from 16500 to 56300.

HPL PCMO was put in with an Amsoil filter. Having some regrets about that filter currently, but going to plan to pull that filter at 5000. Filter cut is planned.

PP was used from 16500 to 56300.

HPL PCMO was put in with an Amsoil filter. Having some regrets about that filter currently, but going to plan to pull that filter at 5000. Filter cut is planned.
The Oil is more important than the Oil Filter, Good Luck with the HPL

What grade of oil was used for this run?
5W20

The Oil is more important than the Oil Filter, Good Luck with the HPL
Will definitely be curious to see what happens in the filter after this first 5000 miles and then the second 5000 miles. Probably won't use the Amsoil against since Amsoil saw issues with overloading the filter on this engine.

I haven't tried. Maybe I should on the next change, but I don't see it squeezing in there.

Is that the Fram XG2?
It's tight on the DT, but it does work. Not sure about the DS, I think on some it fits (tightly) on others, it doesn't. I have to go in through the front, and it's snug, but fits.

It's tight on the DT, but it does work. Not sure about the DS, I think on some it fits (tightly) on others, it doesn't. I have to go in through the front, and it's snug, but fits.
I'm usually going through the front. I'll grab an XG2 along with a XG10060 next time I need a filter.

I've got some crazy ideas in my head of 20k mile (2x OLM) oil changes with a filter change a 10k (1x OLM) with this HPL.

Maybe I'll 🏄‍♂️the 🌊s' of the Ultra next O.C.. Would use the XG9688 on the '18 Accent for 5 > 6,000 miles .

Last edited:
W/O metal mesh ? Thanks for post .
They cut that out several months ago. I believe that the Endurance at Walmart is now the one with wire mesh for a couple dollars more. For now lol

Back