Fram Ultra Synthetic Oil Filter

If I was driving a lot of long distance highway driving, I could see a Fram Ultra working nicely for 25-30k miles. But with a Lot of short trips and not getting oil up to temperature every time, I would cut that in half.

As with both my vehicles, I'm keeping the ultra on the civic for 2 fulls years which is usually 12k miles and on the caravan for 2-3 OCI which is around 12-15 k miles.

Hello, I use the fram ultra synthetic oil filter and do two oil changes at 6,000 miles, The most miles I used the ultra synthetic was 14,000 miles . For the guys that use this filter,. What's the most miles anyone ever put on the fram ultra synthetic oil filter? I know there rated for 20,000 miles....Thanks.
I've used one for just over 18K miles

What about time. If I only do 4 K to 6 K miles a year, how long would a Fram Ultra Synthetic be good for?

I already purchased a Fram Ultra Synthetic XG7317 that I will be putting on my 2016 CR-V. I'm planning on using Pennsoil Ultra Platinum 0W-20 and may run the filter for 2 OC. The MM seams to click off 10% a month even if the miles are low. I'm planning on changing oil when it gets down to 20%

So, time wise, if the miles per year are low, how long are they good for?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, I painted a white stripe on the bottom from the center out to one side so I can tell if I am able to tighten it 1 turn past contact as directed on the box.
Very smart and good idea!! Painting the white stripe.

Back