Fram Ultra Synthetic Filter - Anyone have double gasket issues.

I hope this is a joke? No, not if you flip the filter to drain out. The adbv doesn’t work that way.
The filter sits at a slight downward angle on the back of the engine and I take it down last after letting the engine drain because its near exhaust to reach it. Every other time I've loosened the filter old oil runs down the back of the engine because the center is still holding some oil in it. This time nothing came out onto the engine and the inside was exactly as my photo showed. I'd have expected some oil to remain as I have had in the past with Purolator filters.
Other cars with upside down filters (looking at you, Subaru!) are not empty when I remove them either, in fact if you don't puncture them to let them drain back into the engine they make a pretty big mess.
So either something is different with these Fram filters, the ADBV wasn't working the same as with my past Purolator filters, the Purolator filters are doing something unexpected or unnecessary, or something is wrong/different with my engine thats changed in the last 5k miles.

I really don't know what to say other than I expected the usual douse of oil and got none and was alarmed by it. If it's really no cause for concern then I'll stop worrying. I have a Fram XG6607 on there now again so I'll see at the next oil change what happens.

I’ve ran roughly 7 or 8 ultras on my Hondas and all of them had the seal sticking to the pan that I’d have to remove prior to installing the new one. So, technically, if not paying attention there’s a potential for double gasketing.
Ouch. I have FU's on all 3 vehicles, 2 of those being Hondas, and I've never had one stick (7317s).

Ouch. I have FU's on all 3 vehicles, 2 of those being Hondas, and I've never had one stick (7317s).
it really is no big deal to me. now that I use these filters on my both hondas I just just know what to look out for.

btw, how's that 5w30 doing in your 3.5J? I've got plenty of PPPP5w30 (that sweet walmart deal) and tempted to run it in my pilot.

it really is no big deal to me. now that I use these filters on my both hondas I just just know what to look out for.

btw, how's that 5w30 doing in your 3.5J? I've got plenty of PPPP5w30 (that sweet walmart deal) and tempted to run it in my pilot.
It's goooooood. Haven't really noticed anything though good or bad from it.

Back