Fram Ultra poor construction

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want straight media, buy DENSO or one of those Siam filters. It doesn’t get any more perfect than that.

I have a Fram Ultra sitting on my desk. The holes aren't that big to easily see the filter pleat orientation. If you're lucky, you might see a pleat through a hole, but not enough to make a determination with certaintly.

View attachment 109591

An E-core, different story.
Well here is an image of the Tough Guard I ended up purchasing. Just showing proof that it is easy to see the orientation of the pleats if you look.
AC0CCBC5-59D3-4021-B413-124B9AD8E291.jpeg

Unfortunately the NITRILE ADBV is also visible in that photo... :poop:
Yep, this on on the Tough Guard though. The Ultra did have silicon. I still don’t like the fact that they are advertising silicon and using nitrile.

Fav Berra quote - ‘Baseball is 90 per cent mental. The other half is physical’

You can open Fram box’s from the bottom, they don’t seal the bottom. Made to order for the thiefs at Walmart. I see a swapped out filter about every 2 years. I open the bottom to check that I have a Fram Ultra and not an orange can or Walmart branded filter in an Ultra box.

You can open Fram box’s from the bottom, they don’t seal the bottom. Made to order for the thiefs at Walmart. I see a swapped out filter about every 2 years. I open the bottom to check that I have a Fram Ultra and not an orange can or Walmart branded filter in an Ultra box.
Don't forget the people who return who knows what in a 5 quart container. Could happen anywhere but Walmart always has a recurring theme.

I thought you could not do that with a filter in the box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back