Fram Ultra Engine Air Filters

Has anyone noticed a decline in Fram Ultra engine air filter quality recently? I purchased one a couple of years ago that was impressive quality for the price. Nice gasket material, wire mesh, and even what seemed to be light oil on the media.

The latest one I received a couple of weeks ago seems to be a step down in quality in comparison. No oil on the media, and sloppy cuts of the gasket material. Even had to pull some small strands of the gasket material off that was hanging loose from the filter. What if this got sucked into the engine?

I guess I had higher expectations from the Ultra line, but otherwise it's a perfectly serviceable filter.

The Ultra air filters used to be the same as the oiled TG but rebranded for Walmart, but now they're just regular Frams because they got cheap and the Ultra is the only Fram-branded air filter at Walmart now because WM has their own Super Tech line now (made by Champion) :sneaky:

The Ultra air filters used to be the same as the oiled TG but rebranded for Walmart, but now they're just regular Frams because they got cheap and the Ultra is the only Fram-branded air filter at Walmart now because WM has their own Super Tech line now (made by Champion) :sneaky:
Fram and Champion Labs are the same now (First Brands) - so who knows what mix and match will show up as supertech in the future.

Has anyone noticed a decline in Fram Ultra engine air filter quality recently? I purchased one a couple of years ago that was impressive quality for the price. Nice gasket material, wire mesh, and even what seemed to be light oil on the media.

The latest one I received a couple of weeks ago seems to be a step down in quality in comparison. No oil on the media, and sloppy cuts of the gasket material. Even had to pull some small strands of the gasket material off that was hanging loose from the filter. What if this got sucked into the engine?

I guess I had higher expectations from the Ultra line, but otherwise it's a perfectly serviceable filter.
Never been a fan of any Fram products regardless. They cut corners. Too many other good filters to choose from !

Back