Fram titanium air filters

Has anyone seen these yet? Looks like it might possibly be the filter media from the last generation of Fram ultra air filters (yellow media and bagged) before they changed to the white media.

This is what they look like
FE2FD59F-36D1-49DE-9E59-03A4185012E5.jpg

This is what the old ultra air filters looked like

6C3D9E3C-7072-44A6-9C12-5EE7AB8866EE.jpg
A61E54FE-CF60-4E25-9CE6-770A8F5E82A0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Engine Air Filters need to be classified into two broad categories.
1) OE grade and those which resemble them.
2) After market filters graded, perhaps, by weight.
There's little to compare except for appearance, # of pleats, dimensional correctness.
Nobody's doing dust catching tests...and if they did, the next time you purchase one it'll be different.
Engine and Cabin Air Filters seem to change batch by batch.

Engine Air Filters need to be classified into two broad categories.
1) OE grade and those which resemble them.
2) After market filters graded, perhaps, by weight.
There's little to compare except for appearance, # of pleats, dimensional correctness.
Nobody's doing dust catching tests...and if they did, the next time you purchase one it'll be different.
Engine and Cabin Air Filters seem to change batch by batch.
I agree, sometimes though aftermarket can be better than oe. To bad no one is doing any sort of testing that we know of.

I agree, sometimes though aftermarket can be better than oe. To bad no one is doing any sort of testing that we know of.

The Japanese manufacturer of my aftermarket air filter did some testing to show their filter allows more air flow than others
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...eria-mold-inhibitor-for-my-honda-hr-v.361869/

It was enough to convince me to switch after the bosch hepa filter couldn't keep up with defrosting the windows in winter.

When I first posted about them last year, they were selling select filters on Amazon.com for the American market.

I see they gave up on that endeavour and are only selling from Japan now... Competition is rough when you're not playing your cards right..
https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/store...CB44-E0F3-4407-90AC-BF99D3EDEA3D?ref_=ast_bln

If it's the FRAM with the "oil in the pleats", then how does this work out with the MAF sensor being right next to the air filter box?

GM's TSB didn't name names. I think they were mostly warning about K&N, but they said the oil from these filters were crapping up the MAF sensor then causing the transmission to shift wrong and sometimes cause permanent damage to either/or.

If it's the FRAM with the "oil in the pleats", then how does this work out with the MAF sensor being right next to the air filter box?

GM's TSB didn't name names. I think they were mostly warning about K&N, but they said the oil from these filters were crapping up the MAF sensor then causing the transmission to shift wrong and sometimes cause permanent damage to either/or.
The pre-oiled Fram filters don’t have enough oil on them to cause harm to the MAF, it’s just a light coating to help with filtration.

Back