Fram Titanium still old fram ultra oil filter

I have few A21263 , one each A13361 ,A21261.

The first digit after the A is the last digit of the year
The next three digits are the [that number] day of the year
The last digit is the shift

A21263
A 2 126 3
The 126th day of 2022, third shift

A13361
A 1 336 1
The 336th day of 2021, first shift

A21261
A 2 126 1
The 126th day of 2022, first shift

So you have one made in November 2021 and two made in May 2022

The filter from 2021 should still be the pink wire-backed media, while the 2022-production filters might not be.

Hello everyone since there was too much confusing data for filter media I have go fram ask get there representative says it full synthetic media . I am still asking questions get back with answer they reply

Time to hit AAP if you want the old wire backed media - probably around Royal Purpke price territory. Prices will be higher because it's AAP, but it's come down to gotta pay if you wanna play.

AAP's website does show the Fram Titanium still having wire backed media like the Ultra use to have. AAP wants $15.95 for most of the Fram Titaniums. Snap shot of their video shown below. The box also shows a view of the wire backed media.

1657047649042.png

Was looking up filter numbers on Fram website a few minutes ago, and the Titanium is now listed as cellulose/synthetic blend.

View attachment 107220
Still wire-backed per info off Fram's website in post #7. So it's probably mostly synthetic or it wouldn't need the wire backing.

Going to have to look down the center tube to look for the wire backing through the center tube holes to know for sure.

Last edited:
Still wire-backed per info off Fram's website in post #7. So it's probably mostly synthetic or it wouldn't need the wire backing.

Going to have to look down the center tube to look for the wire backing through the center tube holes to know for sure.
It's highly unlikely that they'd continue to produce one filter using the old media now that they have the "new" media, we may just be seeing it getting used up and new stock will be the same media as the Ultra.

It's highly unlikely that they'd continue to produce one filter using the old media now that they have the "new" media, we may just be seeing it getting used up and new stock will be the same media as the Ultra.
Only time and continued visual in-hand monitoring will tell. Yeah, seems strange the Titanium would stay wire-backed, but maybe AAP wants it that way to attract the OP Ultra guys. 🤷‍♂️

I might go check out the 7317 Titanium for my XSR900. Don't have any OG Ultras left for it. Plus the black can will go better with the black engine, guess that's worth $5 more. 😄

The ones i've looked at are US made.

They changed them as well, but you may still score some wire backed ones, awhile back I got a couple 3600's that were wire backed, at that time the entire stock of 7317s was without wire backing (you can tell with a flashlight down the center tube.)

I believe they will keep titanium wireback filter but will same old fully synthetic blend media will in in question only time will tell ( they keep since price point aap can be justified against new ultra. ( when email fram by answer of rep it did like it be changed soon. )

🔍 + 🔦

Last edited:
I have 5 more titanium oil filter bought last month that I have posted made code all wireback filter. All the date code I have posted here wireback but fully synthetic pink media I have because flash light it look brown. But fram it till full synthetic media.

I have 5 more titanium oil filter bought last month that I have posted made code all wireback filter. All the date code I have posted here wireback but fully synthetic pink media I have because flash light it look brown. But fram it till full synthetic media.

Good to know . May take a look at one . Rather have that for 8,000 > 10,000 mile oil interval and 10 > 12 months of use . Picked up FRAM XG PH7317 , not sure about that many miles and time on it . Would likely return it . Used the original ULTRA for many years and miles .

Good to know . May take a look at one . Rather have that for 8,000 > 10,000 mile oil interval and 10 > 12 month of use . Picked up FRAM XG PH7317 , not sure about that many miles and time on it . Would likely return it . Used the original ULTRA for many years and miles .
I have buy for at $8.97 or below there will not buy PH fram garabage I will $ 2 more get better filter than fram ph with cardboard . I agree $14 for titanium oil filter it self is not worth maybe will oil change bundles will get fram titanium ok deal then mobil 1 or carquest oil filter.

I have buy for at $8.97 or below there will not buy PH fram garabage I will $ 2 more get better filter than fram ph with cardboard . I agree $14 for titanium oil filter it self is not worth maybe will oil change bundles will get fram titanium ok deal then mobil 1 or carquest oil filter.

I'll pay the extra money of the Titanium if it helps the longevity of the engine .

Back