Fram Titanium FS10575 C&P

the 4.8 and 5.3 were good motors, but the 6.0 is on another level of dependability.

That’s debatable. My brother has some LS engines that have a lot of miles on them. He’s rebuilt a lot of 5.3’s that are still running around too. I wouldn’t go hog wild praising the 6.0 yet; you forget about the 6.2 that’s in Cadillac CTS V

That’s debatable. My brother has some LS engines that have a lot of miles on them. He’s rebuilt a lot of 5.3’s that are still running around too. I wouldn’t go hog wild praising the 6.0 yet; you forget about the 6.2 that’s in Cadillac CTS V
they may have many miles on them, but the 6.0 moves around 3/4 and 1 ton pickups plus their loads daily. there is a reason GM never put the aluminum block 6.2 in heavy duty pickups. the 6.0’s were made to be wound up and worked daily. the 4.8 and 5.3 are good motors and i’ve swapped quite a few into other vehicles. i’d much rather have a 4.8/5.3 than comparable dodge/ford offerings until the coyote.

they may have many miles on them, but the 6.0 moves around 3/4 and 1 ton pickups plus their loads daily. there is a reason GM never put the aluminum block 6.2 in heavy duty pickups. the 6.0’s were made to be wound up and worked daily. the 4.8 and 5.3 are good motors and i’ve swapped quite a few into other vehicles. i’d much rather have a 4.8/5.3 than comparable dodge/ford offerings until the coyote.

Yes, true on ford/Dodge offerings. Brother doesn’t complain about 4.8/5.3’s as he likes them. Everyone’s different.

Either way the 6.0 is a good engine; better than a 5.3? To each their own I

My BiL did 400k on a 5.3L - got rid of it bcs of trans - not motor!
(Running Mobil bulk semi) …

Last edited:
Back