Fram seems to be in favor now

It was perception of metal end caps being strong and fiber end discs being too weak. It wasn't based on facts but people's gut reaction. What changed my mind was a combination of the former Fram rep explanations of its merits. Combined by the failures of metal end cap filters from almost everyone with than prime Guard vs. No failures from the fiber end disc Frams. The proof points that he was telling the truth. I didn't believe him at first but the evidence of no Fram Fiber end disc filters vs many metal end cap failures convinced me.

Last edited:
The Frame XG line seem to be about the best quality filter for the money.
Even the premium XG series are less than $10 a piece at most box box department stores.
I have never seenmany complaints about the XG series and their filtration abilities and the engineering and design of the filter.
If not using FRAM, the OEM, Motorcraft filter is hard deal to pass up. I used to use the OEM Motorcraft filter. Ever since the pandemic I've been having a hard time finding it at my local Walmart. Just recently I found it again and it has more than doubled in price at Walmart.

The Frame XG line seem to be about the best quality filter for the money.
Even the premium XG series are less than $10 a piece at most box box department stores.
I have never seenmany complaints about the XG series and their filtration abilities and the engineering and design of the filter.
If not using FRAM, the OEM, Motorcraft filter is hard deal to pass up. I used to use the OEM Motorcraft filter. Ever since the pandemic I've been having a hard time finding it at my local Walmart. Just recently I found it again and it has more than doubled in price at Walmart.
I will state that the original version of the filter (with wire backing) was this way. The current version had one failure recorded recently. The Tough Guard by comparison filters just as well as the current XG and has a flawless track record and costs less. The Fram Endurance is still a good deal considering it is roughly the same filter as found from Amsoil and Royal Purple for half the price.

Back