Fram Orange can increase price at Walmart ?

During my travel last couple day . I’m doing some oil change for my family member . It’s been 1 years and 4 month since the oil change . In missisisippi . I note some fram orange can is above $5+

I end up bought 3 for 3 different . 2 vehicles and 1 for riding lawn mower .

I took those old filter with me back to Texas , will cut open . 1.4 year on fram Orange can let see what it look like inside . I will post on other thread .

D5FB0CD1-DF8E-425A-A851-233DA007F08A.jpeg
95C367F0-E8A2-4103-B85E-F1148B6B92F9.jpeg
1723C76D-534F-4F70-8EF8-D71798BB27DC.jpeg

The 9688 filter cost me $5,78 while 2 other cost me $3,88 . I wonder what change . I was in hurry . I don’t check other fram like ultra but look like it have not change . Just the orange can

The PH9688 has been that price for several years now. It was revamped a few years ago due to the Hyundai/Kia oil pressure spiking issue and as a result the price went up after the upgrades.

I think super tech oil filter price went up too . I note those label 20k miles is around $5 something
Those are more expensive because they are a level up from the regular SuperTech filters. Silicone ADBV, and probably higher efficiency (better media).

Last edited:
Won’t effect me. My dad won’t let me buy those filters anymore for anything we own since he watched Nates Interactive Auto on YouTube and seen rust in them 🙄😏😒. I told him that he is just a YouTube guy and then he found some other guy that said it too and told me see it’s true. So now I have to buy a more expensive filter either at the parts place or Walmart if I can find an OEM filter there.

Won’t effect me. My dad won’t let me buy those filters anymore for anything we own since he watched Nates Interactive Auto on YouTube and seen rust in them 🙄😏😒. I told him that he is just a YouTube guy and then he found some other guy that said it too and told me see it’s true. So now I have to buy a more expensive filter either at the parts place or Walmart if I can find an OEM filter there.

Anybody that listens to Nates Interactive Auto and believes that garbage or can even understand that idiot, I truly feel sorry for them.

Anybody that listens to Nates Interactive Auto and believes that garbage or can even understand that idiot, I truly feel sorry for them.
I agree. He is also one that listens to Scotty Kilmer about everything he says literally if Scotty mentions it he is a fan. Every night he is home and not working he streams Scotty or Nate to the screen of the tv it drives me and mom nuts. I told him you know that Nates credibility is gone when he cuts the filters with a death wheel instead of a filter cutter and the fact he has no scientific info to back up his claims. And the sad part is if you read the comments everyone is talking about how they will never buy them again 😂.

Back