Fram motor oil?? At advance auto

So has anybody been to AAP lately? I went to autozone one day and noticed they had Fram ATF fluids. But when I went to AAP they had Fram motor oil, and ATF fluids. Didn’t really know what to make of it. Especially since they look exactly like the Carquest oil bottles which they also had in stock.

idk I may try it next time, but any thoughts about it? Or who makes that motor oil? Thanks

So has anybody been to AAP lately? I went to autozone one day and noticed they had Fram ATF fluids. But when I went to AAP they had Fram motor oil, and ATF fluids. Didn’t really know what to make of it. Especially since they look exactly like the Carquest oil bottles which they also had in stock.

idk I may try it next time, but any thoughts about it? Or who makes that motor oil? Thanks
And to the OP-AFAIK the Fram oil is made by Amalie, that made the Carquest oil that came in the same bottle. Pure marketing, but I'm sure the oil is fine, I've used the CQ full syn myself.

just saw the fram oil at AAP yesterday..i haven't been to advance for awhile I guess

Yup, same here. FRAM oil is another Amalie(AOC) as was the previous CarQuest oil which I suspect is good or as good as Warren(WNE/WPP) from W*M SuperTech, PBs ProLine, MAG1 and others.

Last edited:

It’s the same oil as Carquest oil. Same jugs with different label is all. Made by Amalie Oil

So what's wrong with it? I see no problem in marketing something a company bought from a supplier, especially if it is a good product.

That's like complaining about a song perfomred by someone who didn't write it. You'd have to throw out some of the all time singers/performers if that really bugs you. And you'd be left with some songwriters who can't sing any better than me. That would be really bad.

Back