FRAM High Mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I"ve been using napa gold for quite some time.. but on my lil ventures through isle to isle in the local [censored] Tire. I noticed Fram has these new high mileage with TRT technology? If these additive tablets were so good.. why don't they market that on its own?

Just wondering if anyone knows anything bout this oil filter. Is it typical Fram [censored]? (minus their top of the line )

P.S. I used the search feature but didn't find anything

Last edited:
Just another Fr*m marketing scam. You're doing just fine with the Golds, why change?

Fools and their money are soon parted...

I was just wondering for those times when NAPA isn't open ( they close really early on weekends )

and I'm just curious.

So minus supposed TRT tab.. is the filtration ok at least? I notice the price was in between the lowest and the synthetic FRAM makes.

I have more of a problem with the construction of the Fr*m, than I do with the filtration of it.

I know this doesn't help with your NAPA closing early on weekends issue.... but my O'Reilly sells Wix filters for less than what my local NAPA sells Golds.

Here's a tip that can help you out. Keep an extra filter (or two) on hand. Solves the problem with the store hours right there.

One night about 11pm, while on my Goldwing, I ran over a 1/4-20 bolt that the front tire kicked up and the bolt punctured the oil filter. I was really glad that I had a spare filter on hand that night.

drifter, the FRAM High Mileage filter is nothing more than their regular old "orange can of doom" with the addition of some unspecified miracle goop that's supposed to enhance the additive pack in your oil. It's a marketing gimmick, just like their DoubleGuard filter with Teflon; pass it by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back