FRAM High-Mileage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was in K-Mart today, and saw on the oil filter rack, FRAM High-Mileage. Opened one of the boxes, and saw that inside the main hole there was a kind of... , I dunno, catch. Like.. If anyone has seen one of those egg seperator things, with the bits cut out, likepartially open on the bottom at the edge, one of those inside. Anyone want to cut one of these open to see what they look like inside?

Ya. It supposed to be some sort of time released "oil conditioner" for higher mileage engines.
That's what Fram calls it--but they don't say what's in it.
I'd be leary of it since I don't have a clue what it dumps into the oil...I'd rather just use a reputable company's high mileage oil and a good filter. Plus, I could put in my own additives if I ever wanted to.

Originally Posted By: river_rat
I'd be leary of it since I don't have a clue what it dumps into the oil...I'd rather just use a reputable company's high mileage oil and a good filter.
Amen, brother.

Between this one and the DoubleGuard with Teflon in it, FRAM is the king of gimmick-y oil filters...
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
Between this one and the DoubleGuard with Teflon in it, FRAM is the king of gimmick-y oil filters...
smirk2.gif

True dat. I have a collection of filters on a shelf that will never see service---just for looks.
This HM is one of them because it will probably be discontinued in a few years when the novelty wears off.
Someday it will be a real conversation piece!
LOL.gif

I don't plan on ever using a fram filter. For now, I'll stick with Purolator PureOnes. I was just curious because I can't remember seeing anything about those in any threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: river_rat
Ya. It supposed to be some sort of time released "oil conditioner" for higher mileage engines.

Probably the same stuff they put in the "cash for clunker" engines to destroy them.
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa
Probably the same stuff they put in the "cash for clunker" engines to destroy them.
whistle.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
Interesting...I just went to FRAM's web site (I like the soothing Halloween colours) and noticed that they no longer list the DoubleGuard...maybe they finally figured out that people weren't being fooled anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back