fram filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
In my both my Walmart and Canadian Tire the pricing is identical across the product line for each of the Extra Guard, Tough Guard and Ultra.

Am I reading that right, Snagglefoot, all 3 are the same price or all 3 are priced based on their level of protection?

I purchased my Ultras on sale at $9.99 I believe and my TG's at 7 or $8.99 I believe?

Everything, once my mixed stash of Ultras are used up, will see nothing but TG's from here on out.

I currently use CH9641 and I think it will be slightly twisted cuz last time that was the case; after this ill be using XG9641 for its durability

Originally Posted By: irv
Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
In my both my Walmart and Canadian Tire the pricing is identical across the product line for each of the Extra Guard, Tough Guard and Ultra.

Am I reading that right, Snagglefoot, all 3 are the same price or all 3 are priced based on their level of protection?

I purchased my Ultras on sale at $9.99 I believe and my TG's at 7 or $8.99 I believe?

Everything, once my mixed stash of Ultras are used up, will see nothing but TG's from here on out.

The latter. The Ultras were most expensive and all the model numbers were the same price. The Extra Guards were the cheapest and all model numbers were the same price.

Originally Posted By: Hootbro
Originally Posted By: Pajero
Several months ago, I bought six Fram Ultra oil filters on flebay for $4.50 each with free shipping. They were in perfect condition. Have no idea how they can sell them that cheap. Unless?

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Got a seller to list on that? Bulk pack and parts store wholesale liquidators that are not authorized sellers have a different set of economics and are not playing on the same level playing field as brick and mortar retail establishments

I stocked up on the same 6 pk case deal for $24 shipping included for my vic and burban lol

Ebay ID "Sae-Auto" out of michigan

I'm running FULL syn oil on both my cars for STUPID HOT summer months here in [censored], Can't beat that deal for a FULL SYN filter !!

Dave

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Originally Posted By: jakewells

So the HP filters are little more than rock catchers?

They are 94%@20 microns.

I thought they were in the 90%'s at 30 Microns

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Originally Posted By: jakewells
Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Except their racing filters, might want to look if they have one.
The HP series racing oil filters have a much reduced efficiency rating.They flow well........ just don't filter all that great.
So the HP filters are little more than rock catchers?
They are 94%@20 microns.

I just looked them up - - They are 18 microns ABSOLUTE....

so they'll definitely be over 30 microns Nominal efficiency.

Tell me if I’m wrong but I seem to remember when the Tough Guard first came out it was marketed as a filter mostly for trucks and SUV’s operating in Tough conditions. Marketing drives everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back