Fram Extra Guard PH3506 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: pbm
Not bad for 50 cents (but I wouldn't pay 4 dollars for one).

Yeah I think 50 cents is the right price for it :)

I don't understand Fram's logic in the construction of their Tough Guard line. You'd think that they would use the better metal endcaps of the Extended Guard filter, as those cheesy cardboard endcaps don't scream the word TOUGH in my book!

I guess I won't be buying into any of the oil deals unless they include a Mobil 1, Pure One, or K&N filter.

AD

Originally Posted By: ADFD1
I guess I won't be buying into any of the oil deals unless they include a Mobil 1, Pure One, or K&N filter.

AD

My last deal the FRAM-O-Death went in the trash can faster then you can say [censored] filter!!!!

I try to keep an open mind, some people say the TG filters are good. At a quick glance I see the orange can of death painted white. I'll pass for sure now!

AD

Originally Posted By: ZZman
This is the second pic from someone who cut the top off a filter.....hmmm.

I didn't cut the top off. I cut it from the bottom (near the base plate)

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Actually the Fram Tough Guard looks very similar to the Honda A-02. I recently cut the Honda open and with the exception of the TG screen over the bypass, hard to tell any difference.

I've used the TG before and cut it open and it didn't anything like the OP's Extra Guard. That's one ugly filter, especially considering the OCI.

Thanks for posting pics.

I bought two tough guards for her car, I hope they hold up better than this. I'll probably end up using the SuperTechs I already had before I use the Tough Guards, in hopes that I can find something else on sale to replace the Tough Guards with before they have to go on
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: ZZman
This is the second pic from someone who cut the top off a filter.....hmmm.

Does it matter where you open an unused filter? It's not like I was worried about chips contaminating the media.

So I was in a restaurant and there is a Partsource near by so I stopped in and they have the XG filters, but my local PS doesn't. Not that I would use Fram for the price, but it doesn't make sense to me why the stores near me have it, but the next major city over does?
21.gif

Patman it's St.Catharines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back