Fram extra guard oil filter best oil filter ever.

As I get older, I just want simple thing. Less over think, I just want be simple, at walmart i can just pick an oil and pick an oil filter and done. now aday any oil can go 5k miles or 6 month, same with oil filter.
Most of yall know i hate fram, blame on being on BITOG back then, hahha, anyway I pick fram Extra guard for everything I own now, anything that daily drive and drive in normal condition, I like fram cause its easy available and plentyfull and the price is right at walmart. and it does the job 5k miles or 6 month OCI. make life easy and simple. also i love the suregrip on bottom of oil filter, i dont think i can live without it lol.

I don't hate Fram and I don't love Fram. I have used various Fram filters in the past (including the EG) with no issues. But I have to say, nearly any oil filter on the market will go 5k miles or 6 months... I really struggle to think of an oil filter that won't do this. So, the EG filter is adequate but you can get a better filter for the same money, or less. Also I disagree with your thread title, but opinions will vary.

I’m debating on switching my Honda fleet all over to the ph7317 because I can get 12 off Amazon for $40.40 shipped. All the engines are clean as a whistle, and they all like the oil change monitor, so why spend more?

I personally would grab a Supertech over the Fram Orange can but the Orange Can does the job so to each his own.
I got the 20k ST today for $5.48 … looked like AC Delco (Champ ?) but felt heavier … will just run it 5k to 10k …

I’m debating on switching my Honda fleet all over to the ph7317 because I can get 12 off Amazon for $40.40 shipped. All the engines are clean as a whistle, and they all like the oil change monitor, so why spend more?
My son's '07 Accord KA24 2.4 is going to get an Ultra for 2 or 3 OCIs of 7500 miles on synthetic, and I can pick up XG7317s here & there for $6-7 each (generally at Meijer on sale), it's the same way, not even carbon in the pleats.

My son's '07 Accord KA24 2.4 is going to get an Ultra for 2 or 3 OCIs of 7500 miles on synthetic, and I can pick up XG7317s here & there for $6-7 each (generally at Meijer on sale), it's the same way, not even carbon in the pleats.
I’m still torn between the extra and ultra.

• Haha
Reactions: 4WD
I've never had a FRAM filter ever fail me. I unaware of of any FRAM filter ever causing me any engine damage. I'm unaware of any FRAM filter ADBV failing me.
Usually I own Ford vehicles and usually use the OEM filter unless I can't find one.
Even since the FRAM TG hit the market I've usually stepped up to that level of I needed one.

Back