Fram extra guard oil filter best oil filter ever.

I personally would grab a Supertech over the Fram Orange can but the Orange Can does the job so to each his own.
the sure grip what make fram a winner , in my opinion lol , I compare some of the st and fram, seem like st is always a little shorter

For whatever reason Fram bumped the prices on Hyundai/Kia recommended oil filters like the 9688 series a few years ago. Some speculate this is due to improvements made to conform to Hyundai/Kia specifications but it appears that other similar Fram filter offerings, such as the 3593a series filters, have had such enhancements applied to them as well while still maintaining a lower price point. Who knows?
It’s not speculation, we received confirmation from a Fram employee that the 9688 was in fact updated.
The same thing has happened with some GM application Fram filters. Some of their engines require very specific bypass valve settings and the Fram filters for those applications have gone up in price as well.

If there was no other filter on the shelf, I would buy them too. Car will trade in at the same price regardless. But Walmart online shipping is even easier and less work. Going to WM costs gas.

as I get older, I just want simple thing. Less over think, I just want be simple, at walmart i can just pick an oil and pick an oil filter and done. now aday any oil can go 5k miles or 6 month, same with oil filter.
Yeah most guys spend 40+ years of their lives overthinking everything and some never stop. Congratulations!!!!!

It’s not speculation, we received confirmation from a Fram employee that the 9688 was in fact updated.
The same thing has happened with some GM application Fram filters. Some of their engines require very specific bypass valve settings and the Fram filters for those applications have gone up in price as well.

I am not questioning the product improvements but rather the price increase of one product over another when both have received similar or the same improvements. I will vote with my wallet on this one 💵

I am not questioning the product improvements but rather the price increase of one product over another when both have received similar or the same improvements. I will vote with my wallet on this one 💵
I think some of Fram's (and other filter makers) pricing also hinges on the selling volume of each filter model. I noticed when comparing the shorter Fram PH6607 to the longer PH7317, that the longer version is cheaper at Walmart. Opposite of what one would think.

I think some of Fram's (and other filter makers) pricing also hinges on the selling volume of each filter model. I noticed when comparing the shorter Fram PH6607 to the longer PH7317, that the longer version is cheaper at Walmart. Opposite of what one would think.
Same with the Wix 51040 ($9.29) and the longer 51036 ($6.84) on Amazon.

Yeah most guys spend 40+ years of their lives overthinking everything and some never stop. Congratulations!!!!!
Thanks . Back then when I was heavily into bitog . I developed this habit where I buy so much oil and change out so often just because some one say another oil is better . I nick pick everything that I THINK and other peoples think best for my vehicle . I was over think . I was worried . Hell I even lose sleep over .... pick a fight here with peoples over which oil and filter are better .... then one day I realize what the heck I’m doing this to myself . Everything is good . And it have to meet the spec of vehicle oem .. so I just stick with name brand and buy whatever easy available . And
I do ask question like what weight oil ...... but other then that I learn enough here and make my own decision and sleep well

I know many here still stuck with that habit . Over think and stuff . Knock yourself out off it and keep it simple that is not healthy way of life . Anything and everything can do the job fine . Whatever it’s it’s always better then whatever you replace with .

Reactions: JC1
Interesting, I thought the ST was made by WIX and before that it was Champ Labs.
I'm pretty sure whoever makes acdelco makes the supertech filters. The pf46e and PF64 by acdelco are identical to the supertech equivalents.

Back