Fram EG PH 3600 C&P, 5145 mi

This one came off the Highlander today. It filtered Pennzoil Platinum HM 0w20; in went another jug of the same, and the Denso filter (90915YZZD1).

I picked the 3600 (oversized) for this car and the Sienna in my sig, because a lot of the OEM size frams (x3614) don't look so good, and have tears or wavy pleats. The 3600 has been much more likely to have straight pleats, and appears to me to have more pleats than the 3614.

Well this one didn't look bad for 5000 miles, but given that I want to run oil filters for 10K miles from here on out, the pleats right by the seam looked a bit suspect. I don't know how they would have looked in another 5000 miles, but this is enough to steer me to use the Densos for 10K mi FCIs from here on out.

Fram date code: A12803 = 280th day of 2021, so Oct 7, 2021

ADV was nice and supple, as expected.

Can't necessarily tell, but I moved the filter around in my hand, when taking the pics, to get all 360 degrees of the filter media. Apart from the seams, as you can see, the pleats were very tight.

The end caps were fine, and firmly attached to the media.

I took two closeups of the place by the seam, where the pleats are attached to the end caps. There was no tearing at all, or anything that looked like it might tear in the near future.

Anyways, here they go:
20230124_163120.jpg

20230124_163018.jpg

20230124_163205.jpg
20230124_163211.jpg

20230124_163216.jpg
20230124_163222.jpg

Last edited:
While the spacing around the seam doesn't have a lot of curb appeal it did the job. I don't blame you for wanting to use the denso but be sure show us how it looks too after 10k. Thanks

I've discovered that there are 3 sizes of 3600 filters.
The FL400S is slightly shorter than the standard PH3600.
And the fram force is slightly taller.

Idk who makes the STP filters but the S3600 is the FL400s size, has tighter pleat spacing, and metal end caps.

I've discovered that there are 3 sizes of 3600 filters.
The FL400S is slightly shorter than the standard PH3600.
And the fram force is slightly taller.

Idk who makes the STP filters but the S3600 is the FL400s size, has tighter pleat spacing, and metal end caps.
Internet search shows Champions Labrotories, INC

This one came off the Highlander today. It filtered Pennzoil Platinum HM 0w20; in went another jug of the same, and the Denso filter (90915YZZD1).

I picked the 3600 (oversized) for this car and the Sienna in my sig, because a lot of the OEM size frams (x3614) don't look so good, and have tears or wavy pleats. The 3600 has been much more likely to have straight pleats, and appears to me to have more pleats than the 3614.

Well this one didn't look bad for 5000 miles, but given that I want to run oil filters for 10K miles from here on out, the pleats right by the seam looked a bit suspect. I don't know how they would have looked in another 5000 miles, but this is enough to steer me to use the Densos for 10K mi FCIs from here on out.

Fram date code: A12803 = 280th day of 2021, so Oct 7, 2021

ADV was nice and supple, as expected.

Can't necessarily tell, but I moved the filter around in my hand, when taking the pics, to get all 360 degrees of the filter media. Apart from the seams, as you can see, the pleats were very tight.

The end caps were fine, and firmly attached to the media.

I took two closeups of the place by the seam, where the pleats are attached to the end caps. There was no tearing at all, or anything that looked like it might tear in the near future.

Anyways, here they go:
View attachment 137023

View attachment 137021

View attachment 137024View attachment 137025

View attachment 137027View attachment 137028

Looks ok, thank you or the cut and post

I took out the advb today and checked. No tears or cuts at all.

I think what you might be seeing are little flecks. I cut open these filters with a hacksaw. I'm not as highly mechanized as the pros around here with their filter cutters. So some bits of orange paint and little bits of metal get in. I see a fair amount of them on the advb.

Is that ADBV torn?

Thanks for the C&P.

I took out the advb today and checked. No tears or cuts at all.

I think what you might be seeing are little flecks. I cut open these filters with a hacksaw. I'm not as highly mechanized as the pros around here with their filter cutters. So some bits of orange paint and little bits of metal get in. I see a fair amount of them on the advb.

Thank you, I think i may be seeing a reflection in oil on the ADBV in the first picture between your finger tips about the center,

Oh, that shape that looks like an S or a 5.... now I see what you were seeing. No, that's not a tear.

Thank you, I think i may be seeing a reflection in oil on the ADBV in the first picture between your finger tips about the center,

I thought the 3600 was known to to have tighter pleats than this. I wonder when this changed.
That filter was made in Oct 2021 ... so who knows what the ones made now are like without a C&P of one.

Back