Fram efficency ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just went to Walmart and Fram removed the efficency ratings from most of the new boxes. So maybe they are only 99% for the three filters listed on the website.

The old ones that say Ultra have the 99% and the new ones that say Ultra Synthetic don't have anything on the box. Also on some of the new TG boxes they took off the 99% claims.

Interesting ... I'll have to look at the boxes next time I'm in the oil filter isle.

Just happen to have a new box. I see no 99% .

photo2_zps9cb2bf5b.jpg

photo3_zps3a551322.jpg

Originally Posted By: Ram01
Would you trust fram TG with them cardboard end caps????

Do you trust a filter with a cardboard(cellulose/fiber) element?

Originally Posted By: volk06

As long as there are sturdy metal endcaps to support it.
grin2.gif

Would you trust a filter with big holes torn in the media?
grin.gif
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris142
yep

+1 Yeppers , I'm running one now.

Absolutely, both of our vehicles are running Tough Guard at present.

Yes.

Yep, sure would. Ran a couple TG's and Honda OEM with the fiber end cap. No issues. Yawn.

Yes to the cardboard end caps. Do we have fewer people cutting open filters with carboard end caps, or do the cardboard end caps seem to have fewer tears??

Originally Posted By: volk06

Yes I trust the Fiber End cap on TG..

I admit i used to be shocked when I first saw a FRAM cut open new.

However after many Fram TG and FRAM Extra Gaurds that I have cut open, I have never seen one that the fiber end cap was broke.

and the filter element was dirty so it did its job.

I mean if you cut open the filter and the filter element is nice and clean.... I mhats better???

a filter element that caught all the dirt?? or a filter element and design that let all the dirt go back into the ENGINE???

The fiber end cap can be superior to metal end cap in terms of bonding of the materials. If the fiber end cap is thick enough to resist deforming and with the better bonding it is a superior design.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
The fiber end cap can be superior to metal end cap in terms of bonding of the materials. If the fiber end cap is thick enough to resist deforming and with the better bonding it is a superior design.

I'd like to see Fram beef up their non-metallic end caps, more like what they do on the OEM Honda filters to ensure they do stay flat and ridged. I think that some people freak-out when they see a warped end cap on a Fram.

IMO, Fram's efficiency and debris holding is very decent for the 3 levels of oil filters that they produce (EG, TG & XG).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back