Fram Core filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody have any information on Fram Core filters? I picked up some on clearance at a WM because the ones they had (COR9688tle) looked like it might fit my riding mower. I'm currently on vacation, so I won't be able to try it out until I get home. Was just wondering if anybody knew anything about these filters.

I'd Enjoy my vacation for right now then when I go home,I would use this filter.In-Law used it and was O.K.

Last edited:
FRAM Core oil filter is the exact same filter we build for GM as OE equipment. 95% efficiency. It is for commercial use so not sure what you have fits.

Originally Posted By: chainblu
I'm pretty sure the ST 9688 was NOT an e-core...

Originally Posted By: Propflux01
...And it wasn't a Fram.

Irreguardless, they are what were formerly Champ filters with a Fram logo. Both FRAM and Champ are owned by the same company now.

I was really tired when I made the other post, but Im going to make a bet they won't fit your mower. It probably uses a PH3614-style filter.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: termigator
Does anybody have any information on Fram Core filters? I picked up some on clearance at a WM because the ones they had (COR9688tle) looked like it might fit my riding mower. I'm currently on vacation, so I won't be able to try it out until I get home. Was just wondering if anybody knew anything about these filters.

Hi, I work for FRAM. You can look up the applications by going to FRAM.com, open the tab "look up parts". Plug in PH9688 in the upper lh corner. Then you will get drop down list of applications. Not sure why they sold you these as they are for commercial applications only. Same filter as AC Delco internally. Fits Hyundai, Kia, Mitsubishi and some Scion and Subaru cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back