Fram CH10955 Fail (Pentastar V6 filter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by davison0976
I just gave you the taste of your own medicine. Because you didn't follow my post, twisted the words around and came across as an [censored] in the first place. If that was not your intent, and you simply don't realize how you come across sometimes, at a personal level I didn't mean to offend you. It's just between you and one other individual both have been insinuating ridiculous things on this thread. Water under the bridge on my side. Hope you are strong enough man to feel the same.

The bypass valve which is a part of the housing is perfectly fine.

Go back and reassess what was said. I stated factual technical info and mentioned looking at the filter bypass valve, and you came back with a flippant personal attack comment. If you can't see that then maybe you shouldn't respond at all if you can't keep it civil.

So how do you know the filter bypass valve is working correctly? What pressure is the bypass valve supposed to open?

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

So how do you know the filter bypass valve is working correctly? What pressure is the bypass valve supposed to open?

It's an original OEM bypass valve. It's there. It has always been there. It slides freely without binding when being pressed on. As far as the psi I don't know, I haven't been able to find that information. However, given that the spring is made out of metal and an operating environment it is in, in terms of the temperature range, I don't believe it can harden with time. Therefore, it must be an OEM intended psi whatever it was designed to be.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back