Found some OLD oil filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleaned out the garage and found these they look pretty old i am not going to use them just going to put these back on the shelf for display they feel heavier than modern stp filters. The boxes say First brand properties and under license by Champion laboratories Inc. No dates located.

The big short S-0228 replaces Fram PH16.... Code on can Y030395P1 .
The tall skinny S-045 replaces Fram PH3429.... Code on can Y012299Q1 .
The short small S-02835 replaces fram PH3614.... Code on can W050595A2 .
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Be kinda interesting to see the internals of the filters. Champ Labs up until recently has been the maker of AZ STP oil filters. I'm thinking the date codes are located on the dome. Are the codes you listed ones from the dome of the filters?

Lacking a c&p of the filters, how about some pics of the base/tapping plate area of the filters?

Those are STP filters that predate AZ carrying them. Many years ago Walmart carried the STP brand and these are likely from there. The part numbering system was different then as once STP moved into AZ...they followed the Fram system.

Champ is still making STP filters. They just share that business now with other suppliers at AZ. So if you don't have Champ supplied STP filters in your local AZ...it just means that Champ doesn't supply the DC that supplies your store.

Perhaps STP Champ Labs made filters still available at AZ in some areas, as noted not in this one. Been in a few local AZ and complete conversion of three STP tiers (blue, XL, ML) to filters with China coo.

And really, many of the Champ made standard blue were ecores some with combo valves.

Not to fear though, if missing the STP blue the current SuperTech line pretty much same as old AZ STP blue line. Perhaps with more consolidated applications.

I remember those back in the 80's. There were also blue lettered ones which were "dual" filters.

Originally Posted by Linctex
As long as they haven't been out in the weather, they should be fine to use.

Yep. If they've been in a semi controlled environment not super hot, super cold or super damp or wet, they are easily usable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back